Trip toEastern Surplus in Philly

41chevy

8 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Is that first dodge (dark green one) four wheel drive? Neat pics, thanks for sharing. 

The first Dodge has an up dated drive train and a Cummins/Allison slid in for power. The Blue Dodge is a 361 V8. The bus is shop build for a person in the North Western U.S. 

They had a few Fontaine trailers I looked at but way to heavy for my use.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Wish I had known you were going to make the side trip, I would have suggested a meet up! 

I'll be back on the 25th  to do the final paper work and pick it up.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Route of travel? Anticipated time of departure from Tacony?

15 to 66 to 495 to 95 to exit 27. about 5 to 6 with my Marmon bobtailing..If the construction in Delaware near Christiana  isn't to backed up. I'm going to try and be there by 7a.m.Hope to be head south after 9 p.m. That depends if I have any issues with the reconditioned 1982 M172A1 trailer we bought and  if I approve of how it's loaded.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 7/8/2017 at 4:42 PM, hicrop10 said:

41 Chevy if you have any problems let me know my yard is only 15 minutes up the road and your truck can keep my 64 b87,79 r model,56 Ford f600 company.

I'll keep that in mind. What could go wrong? A .D.O.D. reman Dorsey 25 ton trailer,a  15 1/2 ton dump truck,4 spare tire and wheel assemblies and a palleted oscillating heavy duty 5th wheel and my wife along as my restrainer against more goodies.

The yard is full of neat stuff, I would have no trouble taking all of it home!

P.T.CHESHIRE