W900A in the weeds

Truck Shop

When I was out looking at some old critters this last Saturday I found a farm with an assortment of KW's. In the bunch is this 79 W900A longhood. 3408 cat, twin counter shaft Spicer brownie with 13sp and some real tough rear drives-DT480P Eatons. It got laid over in a ditch with a loaded lowboy, put a kink in left rail and distorted the top of cab. He will sell it, but for too much.

Truck Shop

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

013.JPG

• Like 1

One ping only

1 hour ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

Judging from the dust collecting on the fan belts (and price tag), that A-model may have found its grave..... :( 

What's he want for it anyway?

I didn't talk price because 900 longhoods are always heirlooms in the owners eyes.  4 States Truck parts sells a new 74" hood for $2,890.

A standard W900 hood is 63". You can build a W900A out of a W900 buy moving the cab back 11" and installing the new hood. It's not

that difficult and allot cheaper.

48 minutes ago, BillyT said:

Interesting rubber block arrangement on the rear suspension never seen one quite like it!

That center block up's the rating to 48,000 lb, that suspension is RS480

Truck Shop 

• Like 2

One ping only

On 2/20/2017 at 7:05 PM, Truck Shop said:

Oh it most certainly is. I know the difference between a standard w900 and a 900A. Here is a standard.

016.JPG

Are you saying that the A denotes long hood?  Because my 1979 w900a was not a long hood.

3 minutes ago, 6368 said:

Are you saying that the A denotes long hood?  Because my 1979 w900a was not a long hood.

w900a is the fore runner of the w900b both long and short and shorter hoods are a models   1981 was the last year of the a

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Like 1