Pictures of the Week

other dog

OD the best non trucking job I ever had was at the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie RR in Mckees Rocks Pa! Their no1 customer was Jones and Laughlin Steel. When the steel industry left Pittsburgh they closed the doors! Love the Diamond Ts the 4200 Transtar wrecker and the B model!

• Like 1

I like how you get to see deer on a hill side..........I get to see them in the middle of the damn road....usually when its too slick to get stopped[emoji20]

Know what you mean I've hit 3 of them in 6 months....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

the state of wa. finally made it legal last summer to collect your own road kill, so the crows and eagles are on a diet this winter only getting the massacred corpses, prior to that it was easy wild life viewing around here in the winter deer carcasses looked like 1/10 mile markers and the birds and youties had a road side buffet. sure smells better on a warm day in the neighbor hood that's for sure.  

Mower man, I was running between two hillsides in Pa on a narrow two lane, a doe jumped across at windshield level! Fortunately I was driving a car hauler and she hit the headramp! If I was in a Coe or conventional  she would have come right thru the windshield! It is amazing how much damage a 90 lb. Deer can do! I hit one on I 77 near Wytheville Va, she took off a quarter fender,smashed my battery box,and left 30 ft. of entrails on my rub rail!

one of our local guys last year took a deer to the cab of a w900l north bound car hit the deer and threw it sky ward then Lloyd caught it in the windshield head first, it wound up head down on the passenger floor board and it ass end towards Lloyd  its dying reflexes kicked the crap out of Lloyd causing a broken jaw and eye socket....all of this commotion resulted in a wrecked truck as he laid it over on its side, thankfully not hitting anyone else as he crossed the north bound lane on his way to the ditch.

IMG_20151106_091957834.jpg

IMG_20151106_092020570_HDR.jpg

10 hours ago, gearhead204 said:

one of our local guys last year took a deer to the cab of a w900l north bound car hit the deer and threw it sky ward then Lloyd caught it in the windshield head first, it wound up head down on the passenger floor board and it ass end towards Lloyd  its dying reflexes kicked the crap out of Lloyd causing a broken jaw and eye socket....all of this commotion resulted in a wrecked truck as he laid it over on its side, thankfully not hitting anyone else as he crossed the north bound lane on his way to the ditch.

IMG_20151106_091957834.jpg

IMG_20151106_092020570_HDR.jpg

Wow! That would suck.   Not much you can do with a deer in the cab with you

On 2/4/2017 at 4:14 PM, other dog said:

I saw a coal train going through Scottsville, Va. the other day- seems like it's been a while since i've seen one.

DSCN7449.JPG.6ac18175035138c600cde85c92ed8438.JPG

And I saw a bird in a raft in McKees Rocks, Pa.

DSCN7451.JPG.46cb371aae5c98b9727a971204e6ae97.JPG

I saw snow in McKees Rocks too.

DSCN7454.thumb.JPG.3b87e89144e3179f647a0124f26dbc2c.JPG

...and a Beaver Steel truck....Beaver Steel...

DSCN7457.JPG.bffe3b41e38015b4d85866802c0a94ef.JPG

...and a big Mack truck-

DSCN7461.JPG.c3376d2bde898a3719dfb5dd3d6ecbfb.JPG

a beautiful sky from the Pa. Turnpike-

DSCN7462.thumb.JPG.ec04a09b198004d548debf12bc1571fe.JPG

...and a girl in a car, from the interweb.

hot1629.jpg.e6cc6ec026f62c6a42d803b18c6ac47d.jpg

Hmnn-McKees Rocks?  Is Silky's Gentlemans Club still in business-was never in the place-just remember it:lol:

• Like 1

Never heard of Silkys,but when I worked at the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie RR every street corner on Island Ave had a bar,most supported by the RR! One place called Stushes was 200 yrs from our repair shop and they cut a hole in our cyclone fence so the workers could access the bar(during working hrs) one fellow worker used to disappear thru the fence for about 10  minutes (shot and a beer) and magically reappear, sometimes without being missed! I've never been in the place,but it was said to have good turtle soup ( in season) TJC I've been thru BS dozens of times,but never past the hotel thanks for the photo! Beautiful place,must have been over a hundred years old when it burned in 74! I'm glad they they rebuilt it!

On 2/6/2017 at 7:34 PM, BillyT said:

All my old haunts! OD do you remember when the famous old hotel burned down in 74 in Berkley Springs in 74? Did you run thru there that long ago?

No, that's a little before my time- I started driving in Jan. of 1979. By the time I got to Berkley Springs the fire was completely out, it wasn't even smoldering.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Never heard of Silkys,but when I worked at the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie RR every street corner on Island Ave had a bar,most supported by the RR! One place called Stushes was 200 yrds from our repair shop and they cut a hole in our cyclone fence so the workers could access the bar(during working hrs) one fellow worker used to disappear thru the fence for about 10  minutes (shot and a beer) and magically reappear, sometimes without being missed! I've never been in the place,but it was said to have good turtle soup ( in season) TJC I've been thru BS dozens of times,but never past the hotel thanks for the photo! Beautiful place,must have been over a hundred years old when it burned in 74! I'm glad they they rebuilt it! OD about this Tim every year it was common to see dozens of mostly does grazing along the Pa tpke, also eastern I80 they were starving, with ribs showing, a good reason for an extra doe season in the fall!

I don't know if Bob heard of or remembers this but when I was working at FedEx a line haul driver had an eagle come through the passenger window of his truck. I believe it happened in Oregon.  I was told things were pretty exciting in the cab until the driver got pulled over. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.