EPA

Bullheaded

Is it true? Can this be the best day ever? Was in the news Trump put a stop to the EPA.

Not going to get political.......I'm just excited by the hope that once again we can have engines that don't bankrupt us.

And no DPF mufflers on my lawn mower.

Now all I want to see is the headline: Cat brings back the C15!! LOL.

Hopefully he repeals all the fines and charges against VW and Fiat too.

• Like 1

Ain't gonna happen... The U.S. EPA is just one of the parties to the VW settlement, and CARB and every state and class action lawyer would have to agree for the agreement to be reopened. As for emission standards, we might see some future ones put off, but the ones already in force will stay. While a pre-EPA2004 diesel is a dream for some, the manufacturers have moved on and don't want to retool to build old engines for half the country... It's just not worth the bother.

I have to laugh at all the people that say they got what they deserved. You are all too short sighted to see they were doing us all a favor with better fuel efficiency and reliability. Same as Detroit Diesel was doing with the 60 Series when they got caught and all this emissions bullshit hit high gear.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I have to laugh at all the people that say they got what they deserved. You are all too short sighted to see they were doing us all a favor with better fuel efficiency and reliability. Same as Detroit Diesel was doing with the 60 Series when they got caught and all this emissions bullshit hit high gear.

They had an unfair advantage over their competitors which is reason enough for them to pay up. If it was just them versus the EPA and no one else was hurt fine but that's just not the case

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

well in the orchard its ok, but moving thru dry grass between blocks or mowing the boarders could create some "field crisp" in a hurry. I ate enough field crisp in 2014 and 2015 to last me for a while.

That was one of the main reasons I bought a new tractor last spring it was going to be one of the last tier 3 tractors Kubota was going to have in the U.S., later I found out that they got an extension  on their contract. 

This is the problem with "one size fits all" regulations- EPA never considers situations like yours. My county had a fire in the roof of one of their garages, a new EPA2010 International was parked right under where it started and had just been shut off. Or the report I read of an engine going into regenerate mode and speeding up while running the PTO to power a pump, it destroyed the pump.

• Like 1