Eaton 13 speed

03' Big Red

You flip the top two gears in the main box but again its a messed up on splits.I have seen it done and i know others have to but again its not the same as a rreal RTOO.I have flip many top two gears on a ten speed but ever one hates their self after it done.Back years ago when guys wasup dating their engine with turbos now they wanted a little more speedwith the 4:11 ratio rears so this was what so many tryed.The rear box is left along.

glenn akers

The RTLO has a od in front box already.It has two over drives as final ratios but a RTO can be changed to a RTOO but has messed up splits.To do that its got to have the top two fliped including the counter shaft gears.When you do that you now have three od ratios.The difference in a RTO and RTLO is one has the od in the rear box and the other has the od in the front box.

glenn akers

One real big question --------------If you flip the two top gears, then which one will accept the input shaft. Because only one is machined to accept 

the input shaft.

Truck Shop

One ping only

I have an RTOO 9513 in my 1973 Ford LT9000. I bought it in June and it had a regular 13 speed shift pattern on the knob, it took me about a half mile to figure out something was up! I flipped down the sunvisor and it had the box shift pattern which takes a bit to get used to.