Jump to content

jkruss82

Puppy Poster
  • Content Count

    28
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Good

About jkruss82

  • Rank
    Over Drive

Profile Information

  • Location
    Central PA
  • Interests
    Engineer for the best truck in the world

Recent Profile Visitors

791 profile views
  1. jkruss82

    MP 8 ?

    Its a 425HP engine. 338 may be the hp at 2100 RPM, but max hp is around 1600-1700 RPM.
  2. jkruss82

    Mack tm308m transmission

    Forward 6+2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 17.77 10.94 6.57 4.05 2.54 1.57 1.00 0.71 Reverse 15.59 9.60 6.02 3.73 2.37 1.69
  3. jkruss82

    TC15/TC25 transfer case

    You can probably make this work as long as you pay close attention to plumbing the correct air and oil lines. You will also need to be careful with driveshaft angles, since the input and output shafts have a pretty large offset. Also there were lots of different HI and LO ratios available on these units. for example TC15 LO-2.59 HI-1.00 and TC25 LO-2.59 HI-1.36 Good luck if you try this.
  4. jkruss82

    Tranny hi low issue

    Recommend checking air pressure on both sides of the shift cylinder and shift between Hi and Lo, and do this with a warm transmission if possible. Its possibly you just need some seals I've generally heard that the shifting gets better on a warm trans, but in your case the opposite could possibly be true.
  5. jkruss82

    T2090 Hose Question

  6. jkruss82

    18 speed gear split problems

    If its the splitter, its the top cover on the back box that possibly needs to have the air cylinder rebuilt (new o-rings, maybe new brass air fittings) and check the air lines and other fittings on top of the transmission.
  7. jkruss82

    Maxitorque ES wide range of models and speeds

    Unfortunately Australia tightened up their noise regulations and Mack dropped their manuals from being offered about 6 years ago. I think you may be able to special request one, but I would hate to know the cost. In the USA Mack sells mDrive, Allison, Eaton, and Mack T300. About 20% of trucks still have a stick, the other 80% do not and that number continues to grow.
  8. jkruss82

    Maxitorque ES wide range of models and speeds

    The Mack 6 speed is gone from production. It was nice and lightweight for a class 8 truck, but drive-ability and reliability not so great. Mack's manual transmission take rate is about 10% of new trucks. Mack has the most PTO options available and a 10 speeed multi-speed reverse (T310M) that is shiftable through 6 reverse gears. Otherwise Mack and Eaton match up pretty close with 9/10/13/18 speeds.
  9. jkruss82

    T2080 input shaft

    it may be for flywheel PTO New Picture.bmp
  10. jkruss82

    13 speed won't go to low range

    Sounds like it may need new seals and o-rings if the air lines are all still connected properly.
  11. jkruss82

    Eaton conversion

    Whats wrong with the Mack 13spd if you don't mind me asking? For the Eaton you can use either aluminum or cast iron bell housing with the correct clutch release. You will probably need a longer prop shaft as well.
  12. jkruss82

    Change pto bar Mack MR

    Do you mean shaft? Dig those swivel clips out with a flathead screwdriver and punch the pin through.
  13. jkruss82

    Transmission swap

    The pilot bearing floats in the flywheel, nothing holds the new ones without snap rings. Good idea to replace the pilot bearing, they tend to go bad from the clutch dust and such.
  14. jkruss82

    T310 knocking!

    Is this a new transmission or does it have a many miles? Sometimes a gear will have a bad spot and sound like a knocking during coast. If you have a T310 and its in low speed, the gear set directly behind the mainbox (in the rear box) is most likely the culprit of the knocking noise. That being said this noise may go away after the bad spot gets worn down, but that's only if this is a new or Reman new transmission.
  15. jkruss82

    Easy pedal clutch for MP8

    If your MP8 is rated at 1860 ft-lbs you'll need a VCT+ clutch rated at 1860 or higher. The Mack 9-spring will be getting a rating increase in April of 2017 to match the 1860 ft-lb engine rating but Eaton will not warranty the current 9-spring at 1860. your correct about the springs in the disc dampening the chatter and shock from the crankshaft.

Welcome to BMT!

...The world's best antique, classic & modern Mack Truck support forum! Founded in 2000, BigMackTrucks.com is the place to go for everything related to Mack Trucks!

BMT!

BigMackTrucks.com is owned and operated by Watt's Truck Center, New Alexandria, PA. This forum and it's contents are not affiliated with Mack Trucks, Inc. or Volvo Trucks North America.

×