No thanks, I'll drive the thing myself...

grayhair

I saw that on TODAY this morning.   I guess that is natural selection?  If you are crazy(dumb) enough to rely on your car to keep you safe(ie: drive for you) then you get what you get.  I'm sorry for the family and friends, but I don't care I am just smart enough to NOT rely on my car to drive, yet.

Reminds me of the stories from way back, someone driving a camper, put it on cruise control and got up to use the bathroom and crash.  Yup, here's your sign.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Amazing how life imitates comedy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

And tesla state that the driver is ultimately responsible. So what's the point of an autonomous vehicle that needs the driver to be 100% alert at all times? Why not just buy a normal car?

report i read yesterday had the truck driver saying the guy was watching a harry potter movie, and it was still playing after the car stopped and the guy was dead by the time he got to what was left of the car.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

47 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

report i read yesterday had the truck driver saying the guy was watching a harry potter movie, and it was still playing after the car stopped and the guy was dead by the time he got to what was left of the car.

that was also reported by florida hwy patrol    he was watching a movie

On 6/30/2016 at 9:10 PM, grayhair said:

Wonder what insurance companies will offer liability insurance for these self-driving vehicles and at what price?  If one runs into me I'm going to sue the living crap outta them.  

http://www.oann.com/u-s-opens-investigation-into-fatal-crash-in-tesla/

ya rite there with you,,,,i spend most of my shift on a 2 lane windy road,,,,,dont wanna hear theres self driving vehicles coming at me..:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:...bob

Seems like we are happy guys so far.

Because we don't meet those cybermonsters animals on the roads.

No doubt they will appear. Soon.

Because you can't fix indeed. And with a sledgehammer either.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On July 1, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Timmyb said:

And tesla state that the driver is ultimately responsible. So what's the point of an autonomous vehicle that needs the driver to be 100% alert at all times? Why not just buy a normal car?

I agree. This could actually more dangerous than a normal car.

You'd be more prone to fall asleep or otherwise not paying attention if you are just sitting there monitoring the autopilot and not actually engaged in the driving.

These things are just a novelty at this point. Just something you can brag to your friends that you have a car with autopilot.

Tesla says they've sold 20,000 of these things. That's a whole lot of them running around to watch out for.

• Like 1

They need to have an automatic buzzer, like train engineers, that they have to hit every minute or so to keep them "aware" of their surroundings.

If you want to ride the highways and NOT drive..........take a bus.  Oh wait, they crash too?

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 7/1/2016 at 9:18 PM, 41chevy said:

Amazing how life imitates comedy

But you know who the biggest or most I should say Comedians are in this country. That thought comes back to me every time I watch a football game or basketball game on TV.

• Like 1