Mead speedcat

Hobert62

My dad brought a neat toy home Saturday night.     My kids still have a week of school yet (due to teacher strike) which is prob a good thing.     They are both very eager to go try it.    A 6&8 yr.  old my be a little dangerous on this thing.            image.jpg

• Like 1

Based on the pedals I'd say a "You have to be this tall to ride this ride" is probably in order. Or if it were me and my buds at that age one of us would do the pedals while the other steered. At least that way we wouldn't run over each other.

Probably less dangerous than the mower parked in front of it.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

image.jpgI don't know the model but its a hydraulic drive case from the mid 60's.      He brought that home at the same time.      The motor runs a hydraulic pump the is connected  with 2 hoses to the rear which has high and low.    It's been repainted at some time but seems to be in really good shape.  

3 hours ago, fxfymn said:

Based on the pedals I'd say a "You have to be this tall to ride this ride" is probably in order. Or if it were me and my buds at that age one of us would do the pedals while the other steered. At least that way we wouldn't run over each other.

Probably less dangerous than the mower parked in front of it.

Only pedal is the clutch.   It's not to far of a reach.      I'm not giving my kids any teamwork ideas they come up with enough on there own.     Some of the interior doors in our house have the locks that you push the wire key in the center to unlock.     One day we found they both made there own keys out of paper clips because they couldn't reach the keys we kept above the doors.  

• 1 month later...

Zenon Hansen injured by riding mower

The Daily Mail (Hagerstown newspaper)  /  May 31, 1975

Zenon C. R. Hansen, retired board chairman and chief executive of Mack Tracks Inc. was listed in guarded condition at the Sacred Heart Hospital Center in Allentown. Pennsylvania, after being thrown from a riding mower at his home on May 28.

Hansen, 65, of Macungie, Pennsylvania, sustained a fractured left wrist and right elbow, and first and second degree burns to both ankles when the steering mechanism on his mowing tractor broke and the machine overturned and caught on fire.

• Like 1

I agree with you both.   The boys won't get any running seat time on either of these for a long time. I don't like the case at all.  It dosent have any type of break just a neutral spot in the hydraulic throttle. If trying to stop and you move the handle just a little to far its going the other way.  Then when you correct that its going the other way at the snap of a finger again.  Unsafe design in my mind.  I don't think my dads going to keep that one around very long.   As for the loader it's designed that getting pinched would be difficult but its definay not a toy that's for sure.  

2 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

I agree with you both.   The boys won't get any running seat time on either of these for a long time. I don't like the case at all.  It dosent have any type of break just a neutral spot in the hydraulic throttle. If trying to stop and you move the handle just a little to far its going the other way.  Then when you correct that its going the other way at the snap of a finger again.  Unsafe design in my mind.  I don't think my dads going to keep that one around very long.   As for the loader it's designed that getting pinched would be difficult but its definay not a toy that's for sure.  

It's not a KIDS TOY but most defiantly a Big Boy Toy.   Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here's a tractor similar to that Case, with the same "hydriv" pump system and hand valve control.  This one has a foot petal that applies a brake, and springs the hydro valve back to center. 

Case sold off their garden tractor business to Ingersoll in the 80's. 

Thats my (almost) 4yr old girl driving. It took her a few tries to learn to operate the valve smoothly, but she's got the hang of it now. 

I let her drive it around on the flat part of our property (closely supervised), but it will be a few years before I let her mow. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cool mini dozer, struck kit used to sell a kit to build something similar,are they still in business? I have a p.o.s. made by MSD,riding mower that's 15 yrs old refuses to quit! I removed the mower deck and use it to pull my hand fabricated tandem lawn trailer! The big box lawn trailers are such crap,I built my own!