Roll over semi on Tappenzee

41chevy

About 30 seconds in to thevideo, trailer rolls and than rear trailer axle catches up to it. Luck no body was next to the unit.

http://hudsonvalley.news12.com/news/new-dashcam-video-shows-crash-on-tappan-zee-bridge-1.11798695#autoplay=true

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

5 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

this video should be shown in every driving school in the country   ie  if you`re going to pass a truck get the hell ON BY don`t ride beside it   that was a lucky break for all

hate when they do that- might be my imagination, but it seems like when they get beside you they slow down to stay beside you, like they're waiting on reinforcements to get there or something.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 minute ago, other dog said:

hate when they do that- might be my imagination, but it seems like when they get beside you they slow down to stay beside you, like they're waiting on reinforcements to get there or something.

I assure you its not your imagination

• Like 1

I recently pulled this tractor back from south florida you would not believe the number of people who would come boiling up along side then slow down to match my speed of about 62-3 mph and just hang there until someone behind them would start honkin and cussing at em

DSCN0395.JPG

Oh Boy! They come flying up along side of you and pace you. And then run you up onto someone going slower. Or your trying to pass one and they speed up so you can't get by. And leave you hanging out in the left lane with a long line behind pushing. 

1 hour ago, 70mackMB said:

Oh Boy! They come flying up along side of you and pace you. And then run you up onto someone going slower. Or your trying to pass one and they speed up so you can't get by. And leave you hanging out in the left lane with a long line behind pushing. 

yep, that's it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

found it on youtube.

when i get one of the pacer idiots, i give them 2-3 minutes of riding along side me with my blinker on matching my speed as i slow down and speed up to get past them. after that if they do not move i gradually move over to give them the hint to move, or i will run them off the road.

i had a trooper pull over a dipstick that paced me in the right lane for 2 miles with my right blinker on after i moved over to let the dipstick merge. . i was getting ready to run him off the road because the exit i needed to jump off at was 1/4 mile away when the trooper pulled him over and gave him a ticket for failure to merge.

we went from 40 to 75 a few times in a 55 mph zone too.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

People are sheep... they follow the nearest influence. Most are otherwise distracted with anything else but driving.

I tried an experiment I would find a light where there was no cross traffic and hit the clutch like I was going to take off and the texter next to me ran right through the light to beat me out thinking the light had changed. I have done this a couple times only once did I get one to completely go through the light most hit the brakes and stopped in the middle of the intersection giving me the number one sign when it was their own stupidity that caused them to run the light to begin with. I would never try this at a busy intersection where they could cause a wreck and hurt some innocent driver who had the right away. We live in the Chicago suburbs which I call the land of me first I always tell friends if they want to see true human nature at work ride through a rush hour with me in the truck to see the really stupid things people are willing to do just to get one car length ahead or to meet them at the next stoplight.

• Like 1

I lived back in the midwest for most of my life so I can relate to Chicago driving. It is predictable. Out here in Arizona everyone is from somewhere else. You don't know what they are going to do but go wherever whenever they want and it is alway in front of you.  Even merging on the highway, had a motorcycle coming down the entrance ramp and tried merging in a 100 foot opening in front of my truck at 65 MPH.... Life doesn't mean too much to him, doing that stupid crap, then gives me the Bird. Sort of like a bug that is about to hit the windshield flipping you off. You don't dare blow the horn, people get gun shot out here for being so Rude to signal them to wake up. Road Rage to a whole new level!! Had a guy roll down his car window and tried stabbing my tires with a 6-8" knife at 45 MPH because he wanted in and I just kept moving.

I call it Zoning in Zona here, everyone is in a daze driving, everything else is more important than actually driving. Just like the people that run in your blindspot. They come up and pace you but will not pass but stay right there. It is like Ducks and Geese flying in a V the next one is just behind and out of sight, you know they are going to do it... Putting on the occasional  turn signal gives them the right to cut in without even looking... in front of you of course... drives me crazy. 

Had them come off an entrance ramp and go right into the middle lane where I'm doing 60+ and they're doing 35 or 40, had people race to pass me to get in front and slow down to 50. Bikes here are just as bad. I've been riding since 1970 and have yet to split lanes are weave through traffic unlike most of the ones I see now.  On the island here I call them Blur People. They must see life around them with the flickering images of an old silent movie. My neighbor, the Gimmie Obama Boy hates parkways and expressways (can't get off or go anywhere on the Eastern end with using out a limited access road) so when he drives on them with his Obama LEAF he goes only 40 or 45 mph and a death grip on the wheel. 

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE