Painter the cab interior

Painted the inside of cab and parts today.  Used OMNI 45735 and Ma-Hyde Wet Look Hardener. This is supposed  to the correct color but looked as if it had to much metallic in it. I wonder if the original paint was a metallic at all.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

• Like 2

I think it's real close. You are seeing it in the sun with out the shadows and interior parts to break up the "look" . Only thing I do see is the high gloss, that pops out the light metallic more then  the OEM semi gloss.   I like the high gloss.    Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

keep in mind the original paint was probably in 55 gallon drums and maybe not mixed continually. I have some very original B's with no metallic and some with metallic. the earlier ones were more metallic. some end of production ones had no metallic in them.  one thing different is the modern paint. remember the original was shot in straight enamel and had little shine

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

On 5/7/2016 at 8:18 PM, 41chevy said:

I think it's real close. You are seeing it in the sun with out the shadows and interior parts to break up the "look" . Only thing I do see is the high gloss, that pops out the light metallic more then  the OEM semi gloss.   I like the high gloss.    Paul

I like the high gloss, too. To the OP: the paint looks great. Don't worry about it.

BTW, here's a couple of pics of the two interiors I painted. The first two pics are the B81 and second two are the B61:

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

DashComplete (1).JPG

DashComplete (5).JPG

• Like 1

Looks clean. Nice job!

I'm not ready to tell anything about a B-model interior color but painting insides of the doors (so far) of my R-model I also notices original gray metallik color was semi-gloss or semy-matt. I made it gloss and liked the result. Restored truck may shine, it should please an eye of beholder. And you always get a shiny paint dull just by time passed when it covers with dust, finger prings and so on.

So keep the project going this way and we promise to like it:)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012