LED headlights

I know they've come up in the past. My question is I have seen newer Mack MR garbage trucks with LED headlights that are brite are look great. Want to try and get the part # to see if they'd go into my 86 R model or 82 U model. Want to do something different on my dumps

Peterson has "plug and play" whole assemblies for any Mack with the 7" round headlights and 3 pin plug. They are pricey but in my opinion well worth it. I have a set in my 1991 RD690S and love them. I enjoyed them so much I ordered a Truxx Accessories brand set for my 1992 RW613.(4"x6" high/low beams)

I expect the price of LEDs to continue to decline as the quantity manufactured continues to grow.  What's not to like, low current consumption, long service life, usually won't fail from vibration.  It's just that the equipment to make them is expensive.  Or, you could follow the diagrams below to try to make some LEDs at home.    

Just kidding :)

Ion-Implantation-System.jpgmain-qimg-3828444366cd59699e509f3170f316

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, grayhair said:

I expect the price of LEDs to continue to decline as the quantity manufactured continues to grow.  What's not to like, low current consumption, long service life, usually won't fail from vibration.  It's just that the equipment to make them is expensive.  Or, you could follow the diagrams below to try to make some LEDs at home.    

Ion-Implantation-System.jpgmain-qimg-3828444366cd59699e509f3170f316

I already have the stuff laying around here. just run to Home Depot for the rest

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 3 weeks later...

Will Necco Wafers work as good as silicon wafers?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 3/26/2016 at 9:32 PM, grayhair said:

http://www.circuitstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ion-Implantation-System.jpgmain-qimg-3828444366cd59699e509f3170f316

One of my posts from 5 years ago.  Just wondering about 41chevy, hatcity, and KSC.  Are they still around and doing OK I hope? 

Edited by grayhair

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

41 chevy got a new bride and vanished off the radar, guessing he's not allowed out to play anymore, KSC is doing well last time we spoke

Hatcity, dunno 

Paul 

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/66390-hatcity-rip/

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012