I don't think it's a light weight.    It's almost like something   is missing like another bracket.  The bumper has 4 bolt holes on each side but only 2 match to the truck.   The truck has 3 on each side.  

Yes those are the extended brackets and hooks. The brackets are a direst bolt on just take your's off and bolt those on. Normally with an extended bumper there is a top plate. One step further is the 5 piece grill guard.

Thanks!           I take it there is 1 more piece not shown that.  catches the top 2 bumper holes and inside hook hole.                 Nice thing about these trucks is brackets are brackets and not all bent like origami.    

Sorry if you already know this, but since your truck is a B67 it should have had a flush mounted bumper.  It had the steps cut in the bumper because it did not stick out and could not be stepped on.  It also would not have had the grill guard.  I don't think it came with tow hooks, but I am not certain.  If it did, I assume they were mounted behind the holes in the bumper.  My father's. B66 is off getting worked on so I cannot  look at that to compare.  The goal of the B66/B67 was a shorter BBC (bumper to back of cab) so extended bumper did not make sense.  But it wouldn't surprise me if you could order a B67 with it.  You could have your truck built the way you wanted it and you can built your truck the way you want it.   Nice truck by the way and good luck with it.  Mike.  

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, interesting.      I guess the extended bumper would defeat the idea of the short hood and my concave cab, but so does my 196" wheelbase.   Does anyone have a handy pic  of the extended bumper on the truck?  Kinda standing by the fender looking down on it, or maybe side view.       Going to use truck to haul out tractors to some shows and I think some type of front hook would be a good idea.    

On 3/11/2016 at 6:07 AM, Hobert62 said:

Thanks Mike, interesting.      I guess the extended bumper would defeat the idea of the short hood and my concave cab, but so does my 196" wheelbase.   Does anyone have a handy pic  of the extended bumper on the truck?  Kinda standing by the fender looking down on it, or maybe side view.       Going to use truck to haul out tractors to some shows and I think some type of front hook would be a good idea.    

Jim posted great pix of the extension  Here are a coupe of shots of mine.  The hooks came off a B that was sitting in the woods.  No torches but I had the generator on the pick up and bolts were absolutely frozen.  took a coiuple of Sawzall blades then I had to drill them out and eventually drive them out.  The flat panel -as well as the bumper and the angled supports for the grill guard came from Doug Fetterly-  

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

• 1 year later...

Looking for pictures for a Model B-46 (B-42...) non-extended front bumper and brackets. Pictures of something close to original would be great.

What came on the truck isn't close. So it sounds like the bumper should be close to flush with the grille, and there be rectangular "step holes"? Two bolts or 3 bolts to the frame brackets?