Thanks guys, I cant wait to get her fixed up, I see alot of pontential left and just cant bring myself to part it out. I love the fenders too, theyre pretty heavy and whoever built them did a really nice job. A bit of polishing and they will be like brand new. We are slowly going to pick away at it over the summer. I am getting my '66 r model close to being finished so i need to wrap that one up before me and my buddy dig too deep into this one. We are hoping to have both trucks with plows on them ready for next winter to put them to a little use in their retirement. 

3 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Nice save.

Is that you with the smile so wide you could eat a banana sideways??

Haha no that was my friends father. He spent alot of time behind the wheel of old Macks so he loves them as much as we do! 

Nice save! She was a big unit in her day. Looks like it has what we call eagle claw suspension, the cast iron camelback. 

The doors on my r model were cactus as well. It's been the most expensive part of the build yet getting two new doors. 

10 hours ago, Timmyb said:

Nice save! She was a big unit in her day. Looks like it has what we call eagle claw suspension, the cast iron camelback. 

The doors on my r model were cactus as well. It's been the most expensive part of the build yet getting two new doors. 

Was there any advantage/disadvantage to this "eagle claw" suspension? Ive never heard of it before so im just curious. I really lucked out on doors, getting 2 complete doors rust free for 200/each. I know they are getting harder to find it seems

Cool save! You gotta love R700s. I think looking at your pictures that the rears are 44 rears not 58s. the older 44s had the trunion like the 55,58 rears. Our B61 is the same way and being that that is a 69 that would be the right era for it. I see it even has Farr air cleaner I see. Great find. 

Thanks, Josh

5 hours ago, jpavao1066 said:

Was there any advantage/disadvantage to this "eagle claw" suspension? Ive never heard of it before so im just curious. I really lucked out on doors, getting 2 complete doors rust free for 200/each. I know they are getting harder to find it seems

I think some advantages are they bolt to the outside of the frame so easier to remove. 

I've never seen any other than pictures, but being cast they might not have the cavities and rust problems of the fabricated type. 

I also suspect they would be heavier also. 

On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Timmyb said:

22 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

Cool save! You gotta love R700s. I think looking at your pictures that the rears are 44 rears not 58s. the older 44s had the trunion like the 55,58 rears. Our B61 is the same way and being that that is a 69 that would be the right era for it. I see it even has Farr air cleaner I see. Great find. 

Thanks, Josh

Ok thank you I wasnt sure, I havent gone out and really looked to be sure  since we brought it home. And I always liked the big square air cleaners on these for some reason, I just wonder if you can still get filter elements for them, I should look into that .

21 hours ago, Timmyb said:

I think some advantages are they bolt to the outside of the frame so easier to remove. 

I've never seen any other than pictures, but being cast they might not have the cavities and rust problems of the fabricated type. 

I also suspect they would be heavier also. 

That makes sense, thanks for the info!

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 7:11 AM, stuie56 said:

if you want the 22 inch rims   ive got ten     in ny come and get them

Thank you very much for the offer! We actually just got ahold of some tires and rims this weekend, but thank you anyways

5 hours ago, b615rich said:

Some pickup to pull that around!  How far did you go?   Great find & save!  Good luck. 

Thanks! We had about an hours ride on all backroads taking it slow. I wouldnt chance going on a highway like that but it handled it ok on the backroads. It was definitely heavy, that trailer empty probably weighs 7k lbs or so. It will be alot better once my 6 wheeler and lowbed are on the road this summer.