Re-power for the A54 Advice

I have been looking for a cummins 4bt or 6bt , but the ones I have looked at were pulled and all "runners" with $2500 to $3500 price tags. I been searching for buses and bread truck and pickups that are in running condition as it would be nice to have all the extras if needed like a radiator, air compressor etc..

I was trying to stay small diesel engine and looked at a couple perkins and a 4-53 that would run, they both needed transmissions what they were asking for everything I thought was a little on the high side.

I did find a 6-71 with a seven speed spicer in a single axle with cracked frame and rust issues with air brakes that will yard drive, but don't know enough about the A54 to know if the frame would be heavy enough for it.

Open to expert opinions.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I been measuring and scratching my head the 671 is L54" x W29" x H41" so it is to long by about 8" and to tall by about 4" so back to the drawing board. I am still considering buying the 671 and truck because of the price. Need to think on it some more.

Robert

I been measuring and scratching my head the 671 is L54" x W29" x H41" so it is to long by about 8" and to tall by about 4" so back to the drawing board. I am still considering buying the 671 and truck because of the price. Need to think on it some more.

I never gave the length a thought. That may be why they never offered a 6-71 in a R600,only the R700.

• Like 1

Maybe you'll get a break on a school bus or bread truck now Rob. Seeing scrap is way down and those engine pullers were enjoying a bonus after they were done with the the vehicle. Good luck. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I have not come across any that weren't cores or to much money. I have been looking for a bus, 1 ton, med duty truck. Most of the engines are pulled and sitting on the ground and it's a crap shoot, they all have rebuilt pumps and low milage but no paper work or ability to fire one up. That is why I was excited about the 671 as it runs and yard drives. Guy has a bus for v sale with a 5.9 and automatic I think he wants to much maybe not maybe I am to cheap.

Robert

I have not come across any that weren't cores or to much money. I have been looking for a bus, 1 ton, med duty truck. Most of the engines are pulled and sitting on the ground and it's a crap shoot, they all have rebuilt pumps and low milage but no paper work or ability to fire one up. That is why I was excited about the 671 as it runs and yard drives. Guy has a bus for v sale with a 5.9 and automatic I think he wants to much maybe not maybe I am to cheap.

local church here has a decent looking international bus for sale will see what they are asking for it and let you know

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hvo/5409333972.html

It is a international transtar it did run when parked it has a 871 Detroit engine it is a ten speed an more info just ask thanks

$1,000

located in Brookfield

Spencer

(660) 734-2448

This might be close and for the price could be useful for parts at least if not the entire drive train

post-19181-0-79768300-1454418527.jpg