T2100 PTO

Not all Mack triple countershafts were the same.

There were two generations of them - T107 and T200.

Both were designed with triple countershafts but had different body styles and too probably different insides.

Sorry I don't know anything about PTO's they used.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Not all Mack triple countershafts were the same.

There were two generations of them - T107 and T200.

Both were designed with triple countershafts but had different body styles and too probably different insides.

Sorry I don't know anything about PTO's they used.

I believe there is also a 300 series now.

• Like 1

I've got a Chelsea PTO for a T2100.The reason I have it is when the T2100 took a dump, I replaced it with a 12 speed 1070 and the PTOs wouldn't interchange.

I now have another 12 speed that needs a PTO. I'm going to see if I can just swap the gears to get it to work. If not, the T2100 PTO will be available to sell.

I've got a Chelsea PTO for a T2100.The reason I have it is when the T2100 took a dump, I replaced it with a 12 speed 1070 and the PTOs wouldn't interchange.

I now have another 12 speed that needs a PTO. I'm going to see if I can just swap the gears to get it to work. If not, the T2100 PTO will be available to sell.

Is the PTO a six bolt or eight bolt..? Do you have a part number? 489Z...DAX-? 488Z...DAX?

$?

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Are all triple countershaft Mack PTO's the same?

In other words, if I am wanting to put a wet line on a T2100 equipped Mack, can I use one off a t2090, 12 speed, etc?

You can swap side mount PTOs from T2s and T3s. They have the same PTO drive gear.

Im not sure about using PTOs from TRTXL 107 series with the T2s and T3s.

Is the PTO a six bolt or eight bolt..? Do you have a part number? 489Z...DAX-? 488Z...DAX?

$?

Let me see if I can dig it out of the parts pile and I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but i'm looking to put a wet kit on my 84 mack mh613 with the  t2100 and am looking for some guidance. Local mack shop has no idea what parts to order. I'm trying to set it up to run a three line wet kit for pulling a logging trailer with grapple loader.

2 hours ago, chilge01 said:

I know this is an old thread, but i'm looking to put a wet kit on my 84 mack mh613 with the  t2100 and am looking for some guidance. Local mack shop has no idea what parts to order. I'm trying to set it up to run a three line wet kit for pulling a logging trailer with grapple loader.

What size log loader and pump fit is a must know? You need to figure out your flow/pressure demands to know percentage for Pto. Pump direct mounted to pto? Pto driveshaft otherwise? Etc...

12 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

What size log loader and pump fit is a must know? You need to figure out your flow/pressure demands to know percentage for Pto. Pump direct mounted to pto? Pto driveshaft otherwise? Etc...

It's a 1988 Transcraft TL 100k-43 with a Hawk 1500 grapple. I'm not sure what the specs are for flow rate or pressure but i'll do some digging. As far as direct mount or driveshaft, what would determine that? I don't know much about wet kits.

58003923_10157080799002356_6609447428611375104_n.jpg

You would probably end up with a Muncie 828S-M6513-D3A1 PTO in our shop. Go to the Muncie spec assist on the website. You can walk through the set up by answering questions it asks. Really, ethically, the dealer you buy your PTO from is responsible to get you set up. Then you can come back with an oily PTO if you have a problem. You do best at body installers than a Mack dealer. 

General rule on PTO is go big. You will have a guessing game to figure your torque running through the PTO. We went to 82 series Muncie because when the PTO goes it takes your trans with it. 

We always used a driveshaft between pump and PTO for log loaders. The pump your going to use is a bit large and will likely never come with a face mount option. 

On a 2100 the PTO window uses 5th/10th gear. We installed to left front trans window, seemed like chassis favors it on most trucks.

If your three line I'd bet a double-gear pump running 2,700 PSI with around 30/30 GPM or 25/25 GPM, 55 gallon res.

Like the top mounted Jib-boom cylinder design, save a lot of ding'ed up chrome rods. Heavy to haul, but the reaction link is similar to what Volvo uses in a lot of apps.  

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

Awesome, appreciate the info!

With the three line system, if there is too much pressure at the loader controls it should just route back and dump in the reservoir correct? So if the pump had too much PSI or too high of a GPM it would still work, but pump too much fluid and build excessive heat?

Pumps don't make pressure, they make flow. Resistance to flow makes pressure and heat. That should be an open center valve set-up, so full flow back to res on both circuits when at rest.  

Too much GPM will build heat if you have plumbing undersized. Too much oil flowing over a relief (because not matched to the engineered flow rate) will create localized heat at the valve. Generally, you will only be running 15-20 minutes at a time so you won't go critical heat......unless….. you plan on playing "forwarder" for another truck(s)? You can lower the RPM of the truck to reduce flow on an oversize pump, but you will end up going under the minimum recommended input speed for the pump.

IOW-don't guess on pump. If you didn't get one with the loader purchase.....get the right one. Are the I.D.'s of the pipes on that trailer two PSI pipes @ 1-1/4" and 1 return pipe @ 2"?

Looks like someone routed your stabilizer lines outside the receiver tubes? Can't see how those won't get ripped off?

Correct, only 15-20 minutes at a time, 30 tops

Looks like all three pipes are 1-1/4. I haven't got the trailer yet so i'm going based on some pictures still. I went and checked it out in person once already and took a few of my own photos for reference. 

The photos below I was going for rough measurements on the couplers, but it gives an idea of the pipe sizes. The third line is currently capped off. Current owner has never used the rig, but previous owner before him must have ran it as a two line.

IMG_1101.HEIC IMG_1104.HEIC

Most likely

Talked to another local shop and they seconded what you said about a pump sized for 2,700psi and 30GPM. They put together a quote for a PTO with face mounted pump and PTO controls up to the cab, parts only, for $2500. Does that sound reasonable? They recommended a small fabricating shop in town to split my fuel tank for a reservoir and a hydrualic shop for hoses and fittings.

Are they doing a double pump with a face mount? That's a big unit to hang even with a good tail support!  

Price is too low? They are not going heavy enough spec. Or is it possibly used?

Split can be nice in winter if the truck recirculates warm fuel to bulkhead wall and preheats oil.

If they put a straight baffle wall in the tank to act as septum they are prone to cracking. If the welder puts a hemisphere section in the tank as septum it will last many years. IOW- cut the end off another tank and install it in the center as the bulkhead divider. Can't explain it, but it holds up... gives flex. If it's a steel tank you can just go thick and straight, aluminum is fussy.     

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 4:41 PM, nicolas cely said:

I need a pto for transmission t2100, could you give me references of which I can buy, and tried several sounds the transmission could you give me references of which I can buy, and tried several sounds the transmission. 

I’ve still got the one posted above. It’s available and came off a 2100.