98 CH 613 need advise from the experts

I sawed a 98 CH613 on ebay and I axed the boss if he was interested. He said he was. It is a E7 427 rated at 500 hp with 50200 miles. Is it a mechanical motor or computer. It looks good in the pictures but we need to see it in person. Is this a good truck and motor. I know all Macks are good but some are better than others. I need something that runs faster on the interstate. The '81 is screaming 1900 at 60 mph. Basically should we buy it of stay away from it. Thanks in advance

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

appledog, I just posted a similar post and then found yours. I think we are looking at the same truck, if is currently listed on ebay. Take notice of the hours. It seems high for that mileage. I, like you, am not real familiar with the newer motors and really never really looked at the mileage/hours ratios. If i'm correct in some topics I've read, those hours may push up the equation of mileage to closer to a million of normal driving.

I really never paid attention cheech147. I'll go look at the ad again. Yeah the truck is on ebay. The boss would really like to have the lowboy. I was going to look at the truck but something came up. If you go look at the truck and don't buy it put a post on here or send me a pm on how the truck looks. Will save me a trip if you don't buy it. 30609 hours. Thanks very much for the info. Thanks also Refined Trucker.

I was watching it and then sent a message inquiring if the seller would sell just the tractor. He gave me a price on the tractor, but then I noticed the hours on it. I drive a company truck now and run within a 100 mile radius. It's an 07 with close to 400,000 miles and about 11,000 hours on it. That's why I was looking at the mileage and hours on this Mack. 30,000 hours with only 500.000 miles tells me there's a lot of idle time on the engine or it's been driven around under 25 mph all it's life. Just joking, but to answer your question, I'm not interested in the truck anymore. I think it might be close to rebuild time and I don't want to invest what he's asking and hope it doesn't have to be rebuilt on top of that. If memory serves me correct, the description states he did some engine work, but he wasn't specific on what was done.

I was watching it and then sent a message inquiring if the seller would sell just the tractor. He gave me a price on the tractor, but then I noticed the hours on it. I drive a company truck now and run within a 100 mile radius. It's an 07 with close to 400,000 miles and about 11,000 hours on it. That's why I was looking at the mileage and hours on this Mack. 30,000 hours with only 500.000 miles tells me there's a lot of idle time on the engine or it's been driven around under 25 mph all it's life. Just joking, but to answer your question, I'm not interested in the truck anymore. I think it might be close to rebuild time and I don't want to invest what he's asking and hope it doesn't have to be rebuilt on top of that. If memory serves me correct, the description states he did some engine work, but he wasn't specific on what was done.

Thanks for the heads up on the engine hours. I over looked that. I'm not interested in it with all of those hours on it either. Thanks again.