DEKA Remanufactured batteries

Anyone have any experience with Deka remanufactured batteries? I am a huge fan of their new batteries- have two group 31's in the FWD that I bought new back when I got the truck in 2002 and they are as still as strong as the day I got them.

Starting to think about the future though- given their age it wouldnt surprise me if I walked out to the garage tomorrow morning and they are dead and flatter than a pancake.

I also have a project on deck that may require two 4D's.....Anyone ever get a Deka reman 4D??

The factory is only about 20 miles from here (it's close to Macungie.) I can go directly to the factory store.

Anyone?? Anyone??

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

take a drive to the plant I guess, and find out. If they are attempting to "clean" the old plates I would shy away from a reman. if they are reusing the case to save some money on manufacturing I would say go for it!

WOULD THE 4D'S BE FOR STARTING A DETROIT IN THE WINTER?????????

• Like 2

I've seen rebuilders re-use the case and that should be ok.

If they are somehow re-using the plates, I'd steer clear. There are several people and products that claim to make the old plates as good as new but it just won't work long term.

Anyone have any experience with Deka remanufactured batteries? I am a huge fan of their new batteries- have two group 31's in the FWD that I bought new back when I got the truck in 2002 and they are as still as strong as the day I got them.

Starting to think about the future though- given their age it wouldnt surprise me if I walked out to the garage tomorrow morning and they are dead and flatter than a pancake.

I also have a project on deck that may require two 4D's.....Anyone ever get a Deka reman 4D??

The factory is only about 20 miles from here (it's close to Macungie.) I can go directly to the factory store.

Anyone?? Anyone??

not to be a wet blanket but I don`t have much luck with NEW 4ds 7to9 mos. in air compressors

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks like they melt the recycled lead down and mix it with new so essentially it is a new battery, with that being said maybe the reman battery's are the returns and exchanges and the they de-sulfate, charge and load test them and if they hold a certain amount of charge they re-sell them.

There are somethings you should buy new I think battery's are one of those things. They are a pain to mess with because of the weight and size and in most cases where they stow. I have saved a battery before and charged it and thrown it on a shelf and used it months later but if it crapped out I wouldn't be surprised but the hope is it will get me out of the pinch that I used it for.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

And Deka is in Lyon Station, PA so they are close to yell at!!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE