B 21?

Mike Blais

The owner has/had two 1957 B21's with consecutive serial numbers. I spoke with the owner at the Western Mass show last May but the B21 trucks didn't come up in the conversation. At one point, he had been talking about selling them but I don't know if he did or not. Believe both still had "little" Hall Scott power under the hoods with 1250 GPM pumps.

Not sure if I have any pictures of them?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

That one was on E bay in 2012 listed as 1 of 9 made and 1 of 2 made with the open cab..

Here is the article in Bang Shift on it.

http://bangshift.com/general-news/ebay-find-2/ebay-find-an-ultra-rare-1957-mack-b-21-fire-truck-one-of-two-ever-made-935ci-engine/

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...
My grandfather bought one of the trucks. We just got it back to road worthy. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow

I know where there is a Hall-Scott for sale if you need a spare. It is in Maryland. PM me if you want the information.

Did he also buy a fuel tanker so he can drive the rig more than 10 miles?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I looked at those trucks at that time. Both were operable with the Hall-Scott motors in place. I believe he had a spare as well. Good guy with a good eye for Macks. Impressive collection. If anyone knows his contact info, I've lost it and would like to have it. I'd appreciate a PM with that. That is definitely a 21 with the extended hood. Note that the fenders are spaced forward of the cab AND the nose is extended at the bumper. She is LONG.