b model rear end ratios

So I have pulled the rears out of my truck for several reasons. While I'm at this point I am thinking of faster ratio. I have 7.49's now and from what I read and was told that was the fastest ratio available at the time. A friend of mine keeps telling me to find dm800 rears for the faster ratios and for having 30/30 brake chambers. Dose anyone know if gear sets are still available for these older carriers I have crd113 stamped onto the hogshead. I'm 99% sure I have a double overdrive quadbox and I'm looking to get up to 65 mph

There were at least 2 styles of diff housings on B's.

Earlier ones had 10 bolts all around the flange to be fitted to the axle banjo.

Actually 10 bolts (2 big and 8 small) and two studs wich you can't see from the top but two nuts at the bottom side. No matter though.

Later ones have multiple bolts around the mounting flange and they fit the same as CRD92/93 of R-model and other newer style trucks.

The difference in late B's and R's is the length of the interaxle diff (power divider) housing. B's had longer divider and R's are shorter. This fact means a R model gear set (of the CRD92/93 style wich are pretty common) has short drive pinion on a FR than B model has.

So you can put B model style gear set or use a newer one together with complete short body power divider. Need to correct the prop shaft lenght as a follow.

I myself am looking for a pair of gear sets of a long divider style with a ratio about 6-6.5

It doesn't look easy to find but you know my location isn't perfect for such the entertainment and I need no housings, gears only to ship them overseas for reasonable.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Rudy, here is some info that may be helpful. The CRD 112 / 113 carriers were made until relatively recently, although there may be some differences. I know the ratios are different, maybe the axle shafts, maybe the way the torque rods mount. Other model carriers may be interchangeable, I don't know, maybe somebody else on here would know.

Our Superliner (1988) was built with 112 /113 series carriers (4.64 ratio) and were replaced by lower GCWR 92 / 93 series.

doc348.pdf

doc349.pdf

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

I've got the same set up I believe with the double over quadbox, 7.49's and the lot. So, to get the "right" set of parts to maintain stock appearance we would need to find rears off of a B and not an R. Is that right? Otherwise we can make a set of parts that works at whatever ratio we pick up but the power divider is a newer style and we would potentially need the R intermediate shaft (or whatever you call it) to make it work right...Is that accurate?

I haven't driven mine on the road yet but I know it's gonna be a tad slow even with the 24's.

Thanks

There sure is a lot to learn on this topic...so I've got maxi cans on my old rears that appear to be close to correct. I believe if I get offset slack adjusters I'll be legal...Is that not possible or just difficult? I do know that the cans sit real close to the sidewall of the tires. The clamps are all rotated so that the draw bolt and nut are inboard and not out as they would make contact for sure. Is that too close for comfort? I know the prior owner ran a triple cylinder Donaldson dump body on it and had lengthened the frame a foot or so to accommodate its length. He definitely worked the truck in its current axle/brake configuration for a long time.

MACKMB212 how are your brakes set up on the old rears? I'd love a picture of it (oh and don't throw those away...)

Thanks

Greg

There sure is a lot to learn on this topic...so I've got maxi cans on my old rears that appear to be close to correct. I believe if I get offset slack adjusters I'll be legal...Is that not possible or just difficult? I do know that the cans sit real close to the sidewall of the tires. The clamps are all rotated so that the draw bolt and nut are inboard and not out as they would make contact for sure. Is that too close for comfort? I know the prior owner ran a triple cylinder Donaldson dump body on it and had lengthened the frame a foot or so to accommodate its length. He definitely worked the truck in its current axle/brake configuration for a long time.

MACKMB212 how are your brakes set up on the old rears? I'd love a picture of it (oh and don't throw those away...)

Thanks

Greg

post-11429-0-61747400-1443229106_thumb.j

post-11429-0-47311900-1443229139_thumb.j

I need to look at my truck and my paperwork to see what I have, i'll grab some more pictures and share what I find. Thanks to all...

So I checked my paperwork and I have 50,000 CDDP112/CRD113 rears with 7.49 ratio. The speed indicated on the sheet is 57/58 mph. It does have maxi's on it now so there must be a way to do it without the 65,000# rears. I'll get info off the cans if I can this weekend.

Also says I have the TRQ7220 trans and I have 24" rubber again from Mack. Originally the 864 V8 as well.

Don't know if that helps any but its more info for the mix.

Thanks