B-73 Restoration

14 hours ago, mowerman said:

My god this sucker is fast wow… Bob

I was thinking that myself.  Like is he just running everything together with just an impact gun or what??  🤣

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

21 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

You beat me to it Terry.

I was like...."that's Terry's truck"....

Yeah that was a project that never got off the ground, not a lot of the B733’s made.   Terry:MackLogo:

On 5/25/2023 at 12:36 PM, mattb73lt said:

Yeah, we got a lot done yesterday, but it was time consuming. Setting things up and checking tolerances. A lot to do for each step. Setting up and organizing everything beforehand certainly sped things up. Rocky has been a huge help and a wealth of knowledge. I'm certainly learning my way around a 220 for certain. He's tied up today, but should be able to be here tomorrow. That's been one of the issues getting this done, is having him find the time to help me between calls from his regular customers.

Checking parts is very time consuming.  I've built my fair share of motors through the years.  Never a large diesel but that would just add to the complexity and time.  Not to say anything about the size of the parts too!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I get in a 'Zone'. I'm so deep in concentration at times, that I forget to breath...  My wife gets a kick out of me when she is there when I'm building an engine.. 

organization is a Must.. 

the engine looks really good...  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

hopefully You video taped the Master at work to show future generations. The list is getting shorter rapidly of those with Rocky's ability. not only the best MECHANIC in todays world ; He is also a VETERAN  : I Thank Him for His service.

possibly You can use the contents of an package I asked Him to drop off; he should have given you. 

That was from you? Thank you so much for those items!!! They'll definitely get put to use!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

That looks great..  I also like the wooden 'Snap-on' creeper....

There is nothing like building one of these engines on a good stand..  I'm doing one as well, and Man! what a difference.  I havent used a stand in decades.  always did 'In-frames'...  I'm ruined now!!  Looking forward to the 'Run-in'..   Jojo

• Like 1