B-73 Restoration

Yes I’ve had my DM 27 years was starting to think it wasn’t going to happen but getting mighty close to starting..... but I won’t be going anywhere near what you have done ... fantastic progress bud.... let’s keep it going... bob

Edited by mowerman
Misspell
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would be getting all nervously excited at the same time shifting the cab about and leaving it in someone else's care 😀 I'm  sure its in good and capable hands 

Have really enjoyed watching this truck slowly develop, thank you for sharing with us

Paul

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I would be getting all nervously excited at the same time shifting the cab about and leaving it in someone else's care 😀 I'm  sure its in good and capable hands 

Have really enjoyed watching this truck slowly develop, thank you for sharing with us

Paul

You’re quite welcome. It’s actually helped keep me motivated. I’ve read through it many times, rereading comments and thinking of my next move or improving what I had originally thought how to get something done. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Matt

• Like 1

If people have ever done this type of thing on there own with out a large amount of lifting gear they will never understand just how big a job it is

Well done, and done on gravel as well 

You would have to feel good having these bigger items back together 

Paul

• Like 2

That Cab Looks absolutely Great! I’m going to send you a LJ Cab up to redo for me ! I’m sending you a picture after I put the backdrop manifold on ,, I started it and it sounds great! I temporarily set the cab on and it clears fine ,,I don’t think you will have any problems, I set the cab back off yesterday to start doing basically what you had to, Thanks Dean 

54F4AFB7-7CDF-4603-BC00-9D5CAF40FF6F.jpeg

954E1CA8-54C1-4E8E-A02D-DA701B08C2F3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1961H67 said:

That Cab Looks absolutely Great! I’m going to send you a LJ Cab up to redo for me ! I’m sending you a picture after I put the backdrop manifold on ,, I started it and it sounds great! I temporarily set the cab on and it clears fine ,,I don’t think you will have any problems, I set the cab back off yesterday to start doing basically what you had to, Thanks Dean 

54F4AFB7-7CDF-4603-BC00-9D5CAF40FF6F.jpeg

954E1CA8-54C1-4E8E-A02D-DA701B08C2F3.jpeg

That sounds great!! So you’re back to the straight backdrop, it does look like there’s plenty of room. Do you need parts for the cab? I have some parts left over, nothing new, but parts that could be used as templates or patterns for fabrication. I can send you some pictures of what I have. Also, I have almost 500 photos of the work on my cab I could send you? They were very helpful to review as I was cutting up and repairing my cab.

• Like 1

Yes I started it with the 90deg backdrop, it doesn’t have the sound I wanted , when I reved it up it sounds much like the center drop ,, so I put the cab up there and saw I would have room, I spent the entire day Friday, changing the exhaust back to the baffled one , but you can rev it now and tell its going to sound good under a load,, plus the one with no baffles ( 90deg ) would be in the way of the original air filter,, Thank you, yes I need all the advice I can get on the cab ,, especially the back panel so I I’m interested in any extra parts you have ( I have 2 more LJs for parts, but they are rough) Here is a couple of pictures from Friday morning, before I wasted a beautiful summer day inside my shop,lol  on my Backdrop project!  You can reach me at (828) 777-3406 anytime, Thanks Dean 

FBF995AA-4553-4812-9657-733D0D1ABAA8.jpeg

92B073BA-A554-4CBE-88E9-320D1EC47F09.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1961H67 said:

Yes I started it with the 90deg backdrop, it doesn’t have the sound I wanted , when I reved it up it sounds much like the center drop ,, so I put the cab up there and saw I would have room, I spent the entire day Friday, changing the exhaust back to the baffled one , but you can rev it now and tell its going to sound good under a load,, plus the one with no baffles ( 90deg ) would be in the way of the original air filter,, Thank you, yes I need all the advice I can get on the cab ,, especially the back panel so I I’m interested in any extra parts you have ( I have 2 more LJs for parts, but they are rough) Here is a couple of pictures from Friday morning, before I wasted a beautiful summer day inside my shop,lol  on my Backdrop project!  You can reach me at (828) 777-3406 anytime, Thanks Dean 

FBF995AA-4553-4812-9657-733D0D1ABAA8.jpeg

92B073BA-A554-4CBE-88E9-320D1EC47F09.jpeg

OK, give me a couple of days and I’ll get some photos of what I have. Probably sending you a thumb drive with the cab photos might be best, due to the volume. I’ve got two cab backs, one is pretty good that had some work done to it and is in primer.

• 3 weeks later...

wow thats fantastic I have been following your project from the beginning and it is amazing to see what incredible things can be done by someone with the courage and tenacity to achieve perfection it is inspiring 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D-Day said:

wow thats fantastic I have been following your project from the beginning and it is amazing to see what incredible things can be done by someone with the courage and tenacity to achieve perfection it is inspiring 

Thank you for those words. It certainly has been a labor of love getting this cab done. The pace is really picking up towards completion in the near future.

Matt

thanks for the pics of the headliner and rear panel I found a new headliner complete but different from what came out my cab being 65 it has no corner vents but a roof vent like R mod cabs uses the same seal so it helps a lot to see how the pieces go together did your source for the glove box liner save the pattern ? I need to find that as well

14 minutes ago, D-Day said:

thanks for the pics of the headliner and rear panel I found a new headliner complete but different from what came out my cab being 65 it has no corner vents but a roof vent like R mod cabs uses the same seal so it helps a lot to see how the pieces go together did your source for the glove box liner save the pattern ? I need to find that as well

Yes, they made a pattern from mine when they asked to send it to them. If you look back there should be a post with the phone number and part number. If you look on eBay Motors, there’s another vender selling them from the same source. They used my picture in the ad. They’re going for $50.

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Thats a great result, did you put sound deading in before the interior was done

Paul

Yes, quite a bit. The entire interior was sprayed in both types of Lizard Skin (heat & sound), then supplemented by patches of Dynamat where I thought it would help. Anywhere you wrap on the cab results in a dull thud.