anyone ever heard of mack 300+ paired with mack 5-speed?

dek1581

I was recently looking at old brochures on f models and although they had maxidyne 675 and 676 paired with maxitorque 5-speed, the mack etaz 673a (300 plus) was paired with 10-speeds or better. based on the horsepower and torque ratings and rpms, it seems like the 300+ was a higher revving engine(correct me if I'm wrong). why was this and is it possible to pair the 300+ with a maxitorque 5-speed and if not, why?

By intention, the 300 Plus was designed for a multi-speed transmission (9 or more speeds). But having said that, we had customers pair them with Maxitorque 5-speeds and drive them thousands of miles, completely satisfied with performance, fuel economy, ect.

Operators do need to watch their pyrometers in "extreme" operating conditions.

• Like 2

I do not believe it is the torque range lacking on a Maxitorque 5 speed trans it is the amount of gears when used with a ETAZ 673 that was designed for multi speed trans such as 9,10,12,13 0r 15 speed. The ETAZ 673 was not a constant torque engine as the 237 and 300 Maxidyne was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...