MACK Brush truck in Delaware

41chevy

Parts are all around for it, but this was all original from the beginning less the power pack. All the related brackets, hangers and mounts were removed with a torch and cut off saw. Also with all the fire fighting equipment gone off it, to me is a donor truck for a better NO. Basically I'll get a pair of cut frame rails, 3 cross members and sheet metal if they don.t come up with the parts they cut off it, from was originally a complete truck with the wrong power pack.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Oh crap! That should be illegal in all 50 states! I guess you can't un-do the damage but like you said it is certainly worth saving every useful part of it that can be saved. I appreciate your dedication to saving what you can of it. IT's not easy work and short of using it to salvage another truck sounds impossible but maybe it's worth a shot. Maybe we can all keep an eye out for anything useful in a rebuild. Just a thought.

Anyway good luck...safe it if you can.

Greg

Oh crap! That should be illegal in all 50 states! I guess you can't un-do the damage but like you said it is certainly worth saving every useful part of it that can be saved. I appreciate your dedication to saving what you can of it. IT's not easy work and short of using it to salvage another truck sounds impossible but maybe it's worth a shot. Maybe we can all keep an eye out for anything useful in a rebuild. Just a thought.

Anyway good luck...safe it if you can.

Greg

One way or the other I'll save it, as a fire rig that is no longer an option. I'm looking into a complete functioning 1949 FWD ex U.S. Forestry rig. 44,000 miles, new clutch, brakes and tires 1750 GPM pump used for an RV park - fair grounds, but I need to buy the FWD, a B-61 six wheeler and a B-75 ten wheeler tag set up. All or none as package deal. The 3 will fit on my trailer with some creative "stacking"

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Going by the info and the owner input. I do/did think it sounded high though.

1949 FWD (4 Wheel Drive Division) Ex U.S. Forestry Fire Truck

4400 miles, 572 Cubic Inch Waukesha in line 6 Cyl. runs excellent, new tires, brakes and clutch. Eng has 2 plugs per cyl & 2 ignition systems, Magneto & Points, 1750 Gallon per minute pump, very straight.

P.T.CHESHIRE

There is no way in hell that is a 1750 pump- And I dont think the CID of the Wauky is correct either. First of all, a 1750 pump was unheard of back in those days- secondly one would never put something that big onto a brush/stumpjumper platform- there's absolutely no call for a pump that big (hell even 750 is a lot of pump for a stumpjumper.....) and lastly even if the 572 CID is correct (which I dont think it is) that's not enough engine to push a 1750 pump- Based on my rough calculations you'd need at LEAST 445 horsepower.......I drove a 1750 once and it had a 60-Series Detroit set at 500.

I betcha the Wauky is either a 140G series (554 CID) or a 145G series (817 CID)....Unless it's a model Wauky that I am unfamiliar with, but the 140/145's were the 2 most popular fire chassis engines and had the dual ignitions.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

We will find out. I asked for chassis, engine and data info. He sent me the gov purchase id numbers and date of acceptance. We'll wait and see.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wow! Nice. It's a lot bigger than the FWD I'm looking into. Bumper to rear step is probably equal to that ones wheel base!

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Got an Email tonight and a Western Union Money Transfer Number. The "gentleman" in Delaware decided after talking with the "experts", has determined that the the pair of chassis rails, 2 cross members, the cab less the floor, the hood panels and the radiator shell (no core) being a NO is rare as it sits. No Rears no power pack, trans,transfer case no steering box NaDA! Told me it can be sold on Ebay or Craigs for a zillion dollars. So he returned my binder and is listing it this weekend for sale. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

he also dreams in technicolor

from a pipe .

P.T.CHESHIRE

Didnt I tell you take your money with you I dunno once you have paid and got the receipt its very hard for him to back out of the deal not to worry it may get a lot cheaper for you yet once he realizes that even on fleabay or craigs list he has buckleys and none of getting what he dreams of

as that great old Aussie movie says LOL

Paul

• Like 1

Didnt I tell you take your money with you I dunno once you have paid and got the receipt its very hard for him to back out of the deal not to worry it may get a lot cheaper for you yet once he realizes that even on fleabay or craigs list he has buckleys and none of getting what he dreams of

as that great old Aussie movie says LOL

Paul

The binder was dependent on his gathering up all the parts they torched off to make a hot rod. He signed an agreement to gather up the parts in 14 days or return the money. He talked to the experts ( local rat rod guys I assume ) who told him it is worth BIG DOLLARS. Doesn't realize the a complete NO is worth $$$, not 9 pieces of cab and hood sheet metal, 2 stripped and shortened frame rails and 2 cross members. My offer will be $800 in scrap value weight after he learns his lessons. :)

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE