MACK Brush truck in Delaware

41chevy

Got off the phone about a MACK NO ex Brush Buster for sale down in Delaware. Going down Thursday to see it. The owner bought it last year out west. Sound familiar??? Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

This is the shop who took it for money owed on it by the man the skunked me. Mechanics lien with papers from the Delaware Magistrate and Delaware DMV.

This was the NO I made arrangements to buy on IOWA, sent a deposit and scheduled time to take my Marmon and trailer to pick it and an Lincoln powered AC up at the same time. The "gentleman e mailed me to tell me he sold it for more money, said he thought I wasn't serious. Should have wired Mike the money and paid to have him store it. Was only about 100 miles from Mike's MACK Museum and Farm :).

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sounds good.....I think you and this truck are meant to be together

I'll believe it, when it's in Fork Union Va.

P.T.CHESHIRE

The fingers are crossed.

Got off the phone about a MACK NO ex Brush Buster for sale down in Delaware. Going down Thursday to see it. The owner bought it last year out west. Sound familiar??? Paul

Out East??

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On the plus side,it's no longer in Iowa, it's only a one day round trip from me now. Going with cash, truck and trailer.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm standing by with bail money if needed. Good Luck!

This is the shop the man who bought it out from under me stuck with a rather substantial bill for making is some what runable.

P.T.CHESHIRE

I understand.

It was offered just in case your road trip takes a detour.

The test of my patience in in and out of NYC. Outrageous tolls and Jack Booted Highway Patrol. :)

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey don't forget the roads that will tear your truck and your liver in half AFTER you pay the big tolls to drive on them...Wow...The anchor studs for the radiator in my 815 are gone...rotted off I imagine. I know that because when I hit the previously mentioned section of road, the radiator jumped up off of the core support and crashed back down, smashing the bottom cast radiator outlet and draining the entire cooling system in the road...A rather concerned gentleman beeped and waved and told me "oil" was running out of the truck. I checked the mirrors and having no sign of trouble and no where to pull over in the traffic, I pressed on.

The casting is brazed back together (Thanks to Dad) and once I get some additional cash to spend I plan to have a radiator shop tune the radiator up...the fins are turning to dust at the bottom center. Doesn't leak but...

Anyway...Cash and truck with trailer sounds like a good plan. Best of luck to you.

Greg

I guess Paul must be trailering it home......or maybe he's locked up....or digging a shallow ditch....

Just got home. Long stressful day.

P.T.CHESHIRE

I gave them a deposit on the condition that all the parts and pieces that they cut off, are found and put with the carcass in no longer than 2 weeks.

The truck when it was in Iowa was powered by a 1970 427 Chevy Truck engine with a Turbo 400 and N.P. transfer case. I could deal with that. Had a 750 gallon tank and a pony powered pump on back. A full brush bar and skid plates. The drive train was all original 1940's OEM units less the power pack.

It sits now with the tank, pump drive train and rears removed. there is a pair of 90's Ford F-750 (?) 4x4 rears and springs for it, a Cummins Diesel with trans and transfer case from a 2009 Dodge 3500.

All that makes it an MACK NO is the tin work with out all the assemblies they removed.

P.T.CHESHIRE

The main thing they did was cut the rears ,springs and mounts off. They were going to try to make is a 6 wheeler copying some TV build up. Those parts and the front diff are irreplaceable. Unless I take a trip to Moscow and "find" a set

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE