Guess its origins

41chevy

I know it . do you?

post-3242-0-33121000-1437693097.png

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Studebaker looks like it was fitted with a 4-53 Detroit. Smaller models had 3-53 Detroits. Joe D.

This one has a Cummins in it OEM. Pretty rare with that in it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Since it is a Hummin Cummins and the correct body color, FWD should get a fire body for it.

I understand it actually is / was a Air Base Foam unit. Don't know if the F.D. body is being done over. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul what size Cummins in the Studebaker ? I have read several Studebaker Truck Brochures but never saw the Cummins as an option. Those Studies with Detroits bring good money,I cannot imagine what a factory installed Cummins would bring. Thanks for the information. I would like to see the engine room on that Stude. Joe D.

I know most were 3 or 4 cylinder Detroit, this one has a Cummins 4, I assume it's a B series 3.3 or 3.9. It could be OEM or a swap I'll find out at the new show it's at. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Studebaker looks like it was fitted with a 4-53 Detroit. Smaller models had 3-53 Detroits. Joe D.

Exactly what i was thinking too Joe .

This one has a Cummins in it OEM. Pretty rare with that in it.

Never knew Cummins Was an Option for the Studebaker Diesel trucks . I Have only seen one Studebaker Diesel Truck & it had a 453 Jimmy in it . Bet it was a little easier on the ears with the Hummin Cummins . ;)

Nice picture :twothumbsup:

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Exactly what i was thinking too Joe .

Never knew Cummins Was an Option for the Studebaker Diesel trucks . I Have only seen one Studebaker Diesel Truck & it had a 453 Jimmy in it . Bet it was a little easier on the ears with the Hummin Cummins . ;)

Nice picture :twothumbsup:

:mack1:

If it was military based purchase the Cummins makes sense from a maintenance point of view. They used a ton of Cummins and Studebaker Multi Fuel engines. I'll see it at the Labor Day show and get more info on it.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...

As a kid growing up in Conn I remember a mail contractor had some tractors-Detroits for sure but I think they had the conventional Stude'bkr grill of the day-no exposed shutters.

Studebaker took the grill off some of them for a shorter bumper to back of cab dimension. The bumper was nearly flush with the front end. It could be it was on those sold in later years as tractors - or possibly that was an option.

1958_stude.jpg

post-3242-0-33121000-1437693097.png

• Like 1