One can only hope they're listening here, I for one would like to see a retro Superliner come out. If the need to do a melted look truck, than add elements of the B Model into the design. Wouldn't look bad as a one piece on the current Granite cab IMO.

I would think Volvo Corporate has less influence with MACK in OZ then here in North America ? Paul

If I could photoshop I'd put the nose on a Granite cab...

gallery_3420_646_2764.jpg

• Like 1

I always dreamed of an extended or long hood CHU Rawhide sporting the MP-10 engine with some external "air breathers"...

For the retro-look MACK should be inspired on the MACK LTL Trucks hood and round fenders... Too bad I am not expert on digital computer graphics

The ltl's were the sharpest

• Like 1

I would purchase a Rawhide/Superliner with the 16 litre if it came available. I hade the Volvo 16 litre in a 2010 model but went to the Mp8 in a 2013 Rawhide as I pull the big weights in western Canada. Sign me up!

• Like 1

Old Superdog, got some questions for you-

Is the MP8s 505 horsepower enough for Canada's 63.5 metric ton maximum weights?

Is the Titan too long to fit a sleeper and still comply with Canada's length limits?

The MP8 is in wide use hauling Max gross weights across Canada and seems to be doing well considering it's a 13L engine. The 16 liter motors do much better but few up here are willing to shell out the extra coin on the Titan. Yes a Titan can be ordered with a "custom" sleeper and still be within legal lengths to haul "B"train combos. It couldn't be more then 60" in length. So the factory sleeper would be well within the limits. Most who need the big power order a Volvo instead getting the 16L motor and a factory installed 60". Midrise bunk.

I don't think you'll find a more knowledgeable group of people on the subject at hand.

Are you troubled simply because they didn't align with your thoughts?

I don't think he is after a more knowledgable group of people, just a group that isn't so negative all the time.

And bitter. People forget it's all about money. Just remember what Mack did to Brockway. Shared cabs....then Brockway disappeared.

Like Volvo is trying to do to MACK

• Like 1

I wasn't worried about the knowledge base but I asked a question and asked for a certain thing and it turned into a free for all. I understand that not every truck is for every owner or driver. Personally I like big power set forward axle trucks. The question was who would be interested not who thinks its a waste etc. I really think that this idea would sell to the owner operator segment but the company drivers/union freight haulers won't be interested. That being said if your not interested or only have negative feedback......let it go, I skip posts on here daily because they aren't my cup of tea, I don't just go around raining on everybody's parade knowing full well I wouldn't be in the market anyway. This post was about the truck...not the numbers, that's for the marketing guys to figure out.

P.s. I have had another discussion with others in the company about this since this lost.