1975 IH Transtar 4100 Conco Cabover on Ebay

bulldog man

I Have herd of this model & Seen a few pics of one on different sites . It makes me ask the question were these built as Steel hauler due to the offset cab ?

Heres the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-International-Transtar-4100-Conco-Cabover-Dont-miss-this-rare-piece-/321791790015?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4aec490bbf&item=321791790015

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Looked at one down at P.L.Duncan's, also red with a 290 Cummins and 10 speed. First one i'd ever seen except in pictures. P.L.'s was in really nice shape. I don't think he wanted to sell it at the time, but George Tackaberry wanted it bad. I wouldn't mind having it myself.

post-1374-0-51546200-1435434890_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-95732600-1435435167_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It appears that it was the Transtar/Paystar cab, offset so it could be mounted low without having to raise it up over the engine. Much like Mack did with the U model. CONCO stands for CONventional/ Cab Over, apparently meaning that the cab was moved forward to the position of a COE, but kept low like a conventional. According to the International Trucks book the driver sat beside the engine. It probably saved money and weight. There was a jump seat available for a passenger, but it doesn't appear there would have been much room there.

• Like 2

Few made. Off set was like a COE version of the U. I.H. said it was for the driver to see around other trucks.

18 days to sell my 300 Hurst Chrysler or one of my Stage III Max Wedges.... Damn I want one of them Conco's!!!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks For the Info PZ . :twothumbsup:

Im not big on Cab overs unless they are low like an MR/MC Mack or a White Xpeditor.

Due to the fact of a Mild case of CP In my left side makes it tough for me to get in & out of a C/O Truck .

But this is one Cabover I Would like to have Myself & by looking @ it i may not have that hard of a time getting in & out of this truck say like a IH 4070 Transtar or 9670 IH .

But if i did have to learn a certain way for me to get in this truck i would learn how to maneuver my left leg just right getting in &out. & thats a fact . :thumb:

Hyman Freightways used to have a couple of those that ran around here,they were gray,they also had some short hood DCF405's with 903's.

Garret ran some also, six wheelers with short w.base.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The first time I'd ever even heard of this model was on the internet. The doors and dashboard from the 4200/4300 give the appearance of an early 9670.

It doesn't look like it sits all that low.

Jim the 1st time i herd of this model IH Was on the Net also . Matter fact looking @ the pics Tom posted here maybe the pics i seen on the net possibly on FB ? Hell i dont know i slept since then ..lol .

Mike i'm guessing here but with a 903 Cummins i guess they would have a 13spd behind them in this model also ?.

There was a freight outfit from upstate NY that ran quite a few of them maybe Red Star was the fleet. No idea where they all went to but disappeared of the face of the earth. Joe D.

You are ringing a bell on "upstate". Might be right on Red Star. Couple of other names than come to my mind are Inland Express and Onieda?

It appears that it was the Transtar/Paystar cab, offset so it could be mounted low without having to raise it up over the engine. Much like Mack did with the U model. CONCO stands for CONventional/ Cab Over, apparently meaning that the cab was moved forward to the position of a COE, but kept low like a conventional. According to the International Trucks book the driver sat beside the engine. It probably saved money and weight. There was a jump seat available for a passenger, but it doesn't appear there would have been much room there.

post-3242-0-86150700-1435519557_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-35725600-1435519564_thumb.jp

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE