Pictures of the Week

other dog

So, I went over to the shop today to wipe a little of the grime out of that nasty Freightliner, and took my Wilson 2000 antenna that I had in the shed with me, because either the antennas on it were no good or nobody said anything on the CB from Roanoke to Erie and back last week. The mirror brackets are flat, couldn't mount it there...no grab handles to put it on, so I just mounted it on the bottom of the antenna that was already on it on the driver's side. Then I just put the coax in the door, and closed the door easy to make sure it wasn't too tight and would cut the coax...and locked myself out. Must have locked the doors accidently when I was cleaning.

You can't lock yourself out of a KW, but you can lock yourself out of a Freightliner.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

If it ain't one thing, it's another....

Hopefully it is a good grilling weekend with proper liquid refreshment and a better week coming up!

Gee- funny you should say that- I just finished grilling some hamburgers after I just got back from the Wal Mart store after I just got back from the shop. And I did happen to pick up 24 cans of Yuengling at the Wal Mart store...yep, pretty good day!

• Like 2

damn, locked out of a fright shaker!..... guess it wasn't a bad week after all!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I called Randy- that's dispatcher Randy, not Randyp, Randym, or Randyy- he only lives a couple of miles away, and he came down and found an extra key in the office.

• Like 2

Tom,sorry bout' your luck! worse things that can happen besides getting locked out of a Freightshaker Lol! whats wrong with the KW?.................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That FedEx sleeper cab is neat although I wonder much more when and why those guys got that poor interaxle diff off the red truck and broke it down by the floor???!!! Did you ask them on that? It doesn't seem right, they scratched off the teeth either by some reason.

Nice pick-ups, I like them both.

And was anything wrong with the log truck? I didn't mention anything out of line.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vision-OD blew out the power divider

Hah! OD didn't blow out $#!t! I was just driving up 220 when it went "bang"- I mean "ka-klonka!!" The power divider ain't been locked in since back during the winter probably...not to my knowlege anyway.

I locked it in trying to get it off the road though- I told Jeff on the phone that I didn't think I could hurt it any worse, because it was making a terrible noise by then, but it might have hurt it worse.

That FedEx sleeper cab is neat although I wonder much more when and why those guys got that poor interaxle diff off the red truck and broke it down by the floor???!!! Did you ask them on that? It doesn't seem right, they scratched off the teeth either by some reason.

Nice pick-ups, I like them both.

And was anything wrong with the log truck? I didn't mention anything out of line.

Nothing wrong with the log truck Vlad, it got off on the ramp there and I noticed what a nice load of logs he had- a super sized load!

• Like 1

Man that brings back memories! (Geraldines) been a good long while since I thought about them or Speed & Briscoe!...................hope you get straightened out soon,these newer trucks are a pain in the ass!.....................Mark

I was talking to Nocluejoe66 on the phone last week and he was telling me about the trucks they got from Fitzgerald Gliders in TN. Sounded good, I wish Jeff would give one a try. I sent him a link to their website, but he said he was already aware of them .He said a man that works at Powell's Truck and Equipment in Lynchburg- actually,he's one of the owners- told him they had their trucks in the shop all the time doing warranty work on them. Of course he would say that, if he said anything good about them it might cost them a sale. Powell's is the International dealer in Lynchburg. Besides, when he said Powell's said they stay in their shop all the time I thought "how is that different from what we have now?"...but I didn't say anything.

I talked to Jeff on the phone yesterday, he said 5 drivers had called him broke down in different places yesterday morning. One was in Atlanta with a broken oil line and had to be towed, and the one with the oil leak they took to Roanoke, I don't know what the other ones were.