Big change new challenge

Timothy Maikshilo

They let you run over size before dawn?

Is there a shortage of skilled drivers in NZ? I always thought that in order to get a VISA, there was a need that couldn't be filled by nationals?

Ron

Ron it's all good with pilots and permits. There is a need for drivers just like in the USA. Can't take a job from a Kiwi but if the company can't fill the position there is a very good chance to get a visa.

How'd you find backing the quad dog Tim ? do you jack knife it around to empty the tipper body on the truck ??

Paul

Paul backing the quad is a little easier I think than backing a hay wagon and the trailer gets emptied first than the truck by jacking it around. Interesting load laws here

compared to Vermont. The truck carries a 12 pay load and the trailer 19 tons.

I'm in lust with the dark green F model. I couldn't even look at the Granite after that.

True Jim, That green F model was built in OZ for the ministry of defense and came with an auto box.

Tim, ever get a little nervous knowing the tail can wag the dog! my set up is like that i can permit to pull 68,000 behind me, with my axle spacing im legal with out permit to pull around 50,000 on the trailer and 48,000 on the truck.

Tim, ever get a little nervous knowing the tail can wag the dog! my set up is like that i can permit to pull 68,000 behind me, with my axle spacing im legal with out permit to pull around 50,000 on the trailer and 48,000 on the truck.

I agree gearhead, I was taught to put the heavier load on the truck and the lighter load on the trailer. But with the trailer configurations here I think it works.

Tim what would the temp be at the same time of the season back home ?

I know how you must feel it is cooling down here as well :tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

attachicon.gifRita Island weather 6-5-15.JPG

Yah Paul rub it in Ozzie weather is very nice! Back in Vermont it would be getting in the 60's during the day and in the high 30's at night.

Max will not only be able to get him self into trouble he will also be able to get him self out hopefully looks like a fun toy to have

Paul

Got some great looking country side there

Thanks Paul, Max misses his Bronco but I think the old Nissan will do a good job!

Yes there is a lot to see and I'm headed today to Dunedin for Monday workpost-426-0-95059800-1431204026_thumb.jpgpost-426-0-47270800-1431204088_thumb.jpgpost-426-0-62072100-1431204200_thumb.jpgBob tailing down and bringing back the three axle trombone trailerpost-426-0-52848500-1431204415_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

SuperB pics Tim :twothumbsup:

Keep 'em coming.

And when I started to read Paul's post I though for the first that "Max will not only be able to get him self into trouble he will also be able to get his father with". It just came on my mind seeing the TWO Nissans nearby to each other. Hope you both will be allright :twothumbsup:

Have a nice time!

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

SuperB pics Tim :twothumbsup:

Keep 'em coming.

And when I started to read Paul's post I though for the first that "Max will not only be able to get him self into trouble he will also be able to get his father with". It just came on my mind seeing the TWO Nissans nearby to each other. Hope you both will be allright :twothumbsup:

Have a nice time!

Thanks Vlad, We are keeping both Safari's and I'll drive the maroon one. If I get stuck winch boy can pull me out! May put a 4" lift on both and possible turbo kit for Max's.

We would like to join the Canterbury Recreational 4WD club http://www.cr4wd.org.nz/index.phpThey have a lot of great pictures on their web site and it looks like a lot of fun.

CR4WD_gallery.php

• Like 1

Damn!!!! :clap::clap:

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE