Here's what's on the lowboy

God love ya !! You were talking about thinning out the pack, and your still bringing strays home. Nice save !!!

I think it would make a cool dump truck. Looks solid !

That's the story of my life . I try to get rid of some,then something pops up . I got a couple old trailers to scrap to cover this one and I guess the shed will have to wait another year.

• Like 2

That is real cool. Love it. Great save. What will the plan be? It reminds me of those west coast long wheel based trucks with a fifth way out back. I assume they are fairly rare as don't recall seeing many...not that I see everything. What were the build numbers?

Greg

I don't know how many of the short bunks they made,I've only ever seen one other in person,and a very few in pics.

I'm going to get the big hunk of steel plate and the rest of the framework for the body off it for now and Mikey wants the aluminum sunvisor and interior rear bunk panel for the black one. Just have to see what happens when I get it running,need to replace some missing battery cables and one of the ATAAC tubes got "borrowed".

Very cool. Always surprised by twin sticks in a cabover, drove split rears but would seem tight w the engine there. Cabover s are getting so rare, Mack's even more so. Looks awesome.

I can't wait to get the cab up to see how they engineered this set up,as you may not know,the shift tower on a Cruiseliner had a breakaway ball and socket set up,the shift lever stayed in the cab,no hole in the floor,so they've had to come up with something similar to add a 2nd lever set up.

• Like 1

That's a very un-usual find Mike! especially with 2-sticks! I have seen 2-3 similar trucks working in the oilfields a few years back,with both flatbeds and other equipment mounted. Looks "Extree" heavy duty to me!.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I was gonna say it looked awful oil fieldish, got floats up front and looks like heavy axles, might be a pretty bad as a heavy haul tractor for ya Mike. Go get a tag axle on it and throw a 55ton lowboy behind it and make some money moving stuff for those farmers out there.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"