seats in a B model

thinkin of upgrading the Viking T Bar in my B model before the ride to York Pa.. Whats everyone else runnin for seats?? I know Barry sells the Bostrom and have put one in a B model before and I think it a 905? I saw a red single axle B model at Balston Spa Ny show this past year and I think it might have been a low back Bostrom 914 or 915?? I cant remember. was a Mack seat beige with the bulldog embossed. have been tryin to find pictures but cant seem to come up with any. I know a B model is a little tough to find the right seat because you cant have too much height.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I know of 2 B's in my area with newer Bostroms in 'em,Matt. They both had to modify their original seat frames to get the right travel/height out of them. Big improvement. Neither used the bulldog upholstery, though.I will look at one of them either today or tomorrow and get some pics for you. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

we put the seat Barry sells in my cousins green B model. I cut down the original seat frame lower to the floor and mounted it, I think its a mid back tho? and still doesn't give you much height. I saw a B at that show with a Bostrom with the bulldog embossed and I thought the seat fit a little better but cant remember the model.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I have a brand new Talladega seat, but it is too tall for a B. It does have the tall mount and thought of cutting it down or finding a low mount for it? Just don't think there is room for the arm rests and such.

I don't think my Tbar seat is all that uncomfortable? Even when the truck was short and had springs on the back. I have it set just right I guess?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 months later...

thinkin of upgrading the Viking T Bar in my B model before the ride to York Pa.. Whats everyone else runnin for seats?? I know Barry sells the Bostrom and have put one in a B model before and I think it a 905? I saw a red single axle B model at Balston Spa Ny show this past year and I think it might have been a low back Bostrom 914 or 915?? I cant remember. was a Mack seat beige with the bulldog embossed. have been tryin to find pictures but cant seem to come up with any. I know a B model is a little tough to find the right seat because you cant have too much height.

Back in the day, the low-profile Bostrom 905 was the popular option, as it mounted onto the factory seat riser.

It's still available today, listed under the T Series, as the TLoPro 905 (http://www.bostromseating.com/). You might look at model number 2340038.

Bostrom seats are okay, but you might also see what Sears and Grammer offer in a low-profile unit.

http://www.searsseating.com/product-category/truck-seats/

http://www.gramag.com/products.html

• Like 1

I found a used low back mack seat (from an R model?) for $50 a few years back and I think it will work for me. I guess the big question is how tall are you and how long are your legs? I have long legs and big feet and know that the high back modern bucket that was in it was not going to work. I couldn't get back far enough from the pedals and the wheel to be comfortable even with it up as high as I could go given the massive wheel diameter. I think the radius of the back of the cab as it approaches the roof is confining in a B cab...L's have a more roomy shape but I will "suffer" in a B any day.

Ironically the previous owner had a hunk of 2x4 bolted to the clutch and a stirrup type step hung off the saddle tank so he could get up into the cab and work the clutch. He must have been a short man and is/was in his 80's. I never actually met him but I know he had some short legs! I only met his son Dave who was great to deal with.

I'm very interested in what the taller guys are doing to make the seat and cab work for them. More info guys!!??

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...