BIG changes coming...

RowdyRebel

Must be a Schneider owner op in training!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Damn...y'all gotta give me more credit than that! Swift? Schneider? Lucky I can't reach through this here interweb and bitchsmack you for even THINKING such nasty thoughts.

I've got something lined up...great company from all I've heard talking to people and people who know people...nobody's spoke bad about 'em other than the typical stuff that is going to be found ANYWHERE. I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch, though, so I'm not going to spill the details as to what happened to lead me down this road 'til the new name is on the doors and I'm working again.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

"Your headlights aren't bright enough." Gotta be the strangest reason ever for not passing a truck on it's inspection. Funny thing is, they light up my path plenty fine...even on the darkest night, low beams are more than sufficient. "You should probably give it a fresh coat of paint, too!" So, it got a rattle-can special touch-up...and I'm going to try one of those $20 headlight restoration kits and see how it goes for round 2. The truck is dern near 15 years old, closing in on 1,000,000 miles, and been pulling pneumatics and end dumps for 7 years...IT ISN'T GOING TO LOOK SHOWROOM NEW!!! I'm signing on to pull anything from an end dump to hopper bottom to flatbed and even dry vans. They were also "concerned" about the lack of air conditioning, but I've been driving it for 7 years like that and it ain't killed me yet. First time I've ever failed an inspection over non-DOT issues. To say I'm not amused would be an understatement.

Wtf?? All that would bother me too, seems petty to me. You can always come up here and the boys will teach you how to "roll" pipe.

get some rubbing compound and run it over the headlites. clears them up just fine.

Couple rattle cans, different shades of white-that'll piss 'em off.

I hope this is the company inspection and not DOT.

They need more dumpers in Boston to haul snow

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

the headlight restoration kits work well. i normally make my own "kit" some 1000-1500-2000 grit sand paper and some buffing compounds normally have all that stuff on the shelf already anyway. i have used the restoration kits before though and they work fine. if they are only a little bit hazy just a good rub with some compound can clean them up

• Like 2

I read somewhere that wiping the headlight covers with Deep Woods Off- the insect repellent- works well to clear them up. Had to be Deep Woods, not regular Off. I've never tried it, but if you happened to have a can of it around it might be worth a try for a quick and easy fix, not to mention cheap.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Best of Luck, hopefully it will be worth the BS they're putting you through. What do they care about your a/c? Sounds like a recent college grad/management trainee type who wasn't alive in the days when a/c was an extra cost option limited to luxury cars.

I've only ever used rubbing compound on headlights. It's cheaper and I've had great results. I also follow it up with a coat of wax when I'm done. They seem to stay clear longer.

• Like 1

Jim

The Meguires kit they sell at Auto Zone seemed to do a pretty good job...came with a hand-pad with 1000 and 3000 grit papers, then a buffer wheel for the drill and a micro-fiber cloth, along with the buffer stuff and protectant stuff. Cheaper than new headlights would have been...but I sure miss the good ol' days when new headlight bulbs INCLUDED the glass lens...might have been a little more time consuming changing a bulb, but you never had to worry about dull/cloudy/expensive-to-replace lenses that need polishing before a company would hire you. Oh well...going to get fingerprinted this morning to put hazmat back on my license and get a TWIC. At least that way if THIS job doesn't work out, I can always jump into a fuel tanker for a company a guy I know is pretty high up in...

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Well, they are stickering it up right now...sounds like they have a flatbed load that I can pick up when they are done...so I bought one of them bars to cinch up the winches and close the snap binders. They were asking me if I had any equipment for flats and I told 'em "No...been 8 1/2 years since I've pulled a skateboard and I was a company driver back then. Sure, I've got a couple chains & binders...like maybe 4 or 6...laying around in the shed, but if they didn't like the way my TRUCK looked, they probably wouldn't like those old, rusty, greasy, oily, ugly chains & binders. IF I stay on flats, when I start getting paid, I'll look into a headache rack and some chains, binders, and straps...but I'm NOT paying $35/strap at the truck stop, or a handful of chains & binders for a dozen or so just for an occasional run. If anything, I'll wait 'til I get my discount card and go to their retail store (truck co is another division of a parent corporation that has a handful of farm & ranch supply stores where me & the wife already did a lot of shopping for her horses) to pick them up. Probably going to start shopping around for a headache rack so I've got somewhere to hang everything...UNLESS I decide to play with my welder and convert the muffler braces into a headache rack of sorts...We'll see.