Present from Mother Mopar Today

41chevy

Looks just a bit different than the 392's we had back in the day. When I was young and skinny it took two of us to pick up one of those old cast iron cylinder heads.

Ain't that the truth. I own an 392 blown Alcohol engine from my Funnycar I ran in 1972 and 3 Stage III Max Wedges. I went with this combo for the weight to power and the ability to run any fuel from real gas to E-85. Plus with a tweak in the computer it'll make 540 h.p.. With a cam change, different coil packs and injectors it's good for 625 h.p. , put the Hell Cat induction on it and we're over 700 h.p. and still in the mid 20's on mpg! Way more power then my MAX Wedges on a good day.. The 8 speed automatic gives me an Overdrive of .76 in 7th gear and .62 in 8th. Combine that with the rear gear of 2:93 I'll have a pretty good top end and probably mpg in the mid 20's. First trip in to the modern electronic engines and to be honest, I rather get power with a laptop than a zillion dollars worth of parts and machine work. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Pretty cool stuff.

The technology today just makes it WAYYY to easy. Just think back even 20 yrs and the early FI and all the headaches trying to get a factory computer to run. Today it is all plug/play.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

What are you putting it in Paul?

1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst edition I bought at Carlisle last year. It's got a running 440 TNT engine, 375 h.p. w/ torqueflite. I'm setting all the original drive train aside.

It's not all plug and play Larry. The Crate engine is meant for 1999 and later Mopars not really a retro fit in non Computerized cars. I need to adapt throttle linkage, exhaust, mounts and modifiy the pan and cross member for clearance. The tranny requires a bigger tunnel, electronics for engine feed back, dead end loop for gear lock out and finally adapting the electronic shifter and paddles. Paul

1970Chrysler300Ha_zps48dc9ebf.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ain't it amazing how much work we're willing to do to go fast -- or at least have a one-of-a-kind that nobody else has.

I remember me and another guy shoe-horning a dual quad 392 into a 55 T Bird back before those T-Birds were collectors items. Wasn't all that fast but nobody else had one. Absolutely nothing fit right. Everything had to be modified or fabbed from scratch..

Pictures all the way... Please!

Are you going to put a steering wheel from a new car in there that incorporates factory paddle shifters or are you going to make your own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to leave the factory wheel. Hurst does a wireless Auto Stick / Paddle Shifter kit for the 2010 and up Challenger. The paddle shifter mount on the column. HURST also makes the Auto Stick Shifter for the console for the 8 speed auto. It plug into the trans computer and solves that problem. The HURST Auto Stick will replace the HURST His and Hers that came factory with the car and if still keeping with the HURST badging on the car. Once installed,it will look factory. Keeping with the stealth theme of the car.

The 56 Dodge I sold to buy the 300, I put in a Desoto 331 Hemi with the Powerflite auto, had to fabricate everything!

HURST PADDLE SHIFT KIT

http://www.hurst-shifters.com/products/5385400-paddle-shifterautomatic-with-auto-stick-feature/?mk=&yr=&md=&sm=&e=

P.T.CHESHIRE

Glad to answer all questions. The paint will be redone. the only change is the white will be Cadillac White Pearl. The interior is getting carpet and a few pieces vacuum plated. It will look stock until you look real close. Since most people do not have any idea what a HURST edition Chrysler 300 is 99% won't have any idea what is or isn't original. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,

I appreciate what you are doing but those cars are so rare, I think it should be left stock. Prices are starting to climb on them. One last year sold fully restored for $62k. Still, what a great car to do resto mod with. Big and comfortable yet power!

Paul,

I appreciate what you are doing but those cars are so rare, I think it should be left stock. Prices are starting to climb on them. One last year sold fully restored for $62k. Still, what a great car to do resto mod with. Big and comfortable yet power!

Absolutely nothing will be done that cannot easily be undone, even the transmission tunnel will be easily put back to stock. Magnumforce Race car fabrication make a C body modular k frame that will bolt in and has rack and pinion that hooks to the stock steering column assembly. The only thing is the Caddy white.. The entire power pack and accessories will be kept as a unit including the suspension, brakes, steering, wiring harnesses and hardware all on the original K frame. Paul

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

JT I rarely sell cars. I had my El Camino I recently sold for 40 years :) Still have my 55 chevy I got when I was 16.. . 46 years.

The theme of the 300 is to look like grandpas land yacht till you find you can't catch it or corner with it. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I think all the pieces of the puzzle have come together.

1. Moving to the Commonwealth of VA.

2. Buying a 300 which has a mega trunk.

3. Putting a little more hoss under the hood of the 300.

Conclusion: Going to be running some moonshine!

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Nah! Just want to cut down travel time. :lol:

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

At least you are keeping it all Mopar. More reliable too. Hell with the price of resto mods these days, it might improve the value. I want a ride when you get it done.

PS - the caddy white with the gold will be sharp.

At least you are keeping it all Mopar. More reliable too. Hell with the price of resto mods these days, it might improve the value. I want a ride when you get it done.

PS - the caddy white with the gold will be sharp.

They can figure it all when I'm gone. I don't see parting with anymore of the 50 odd cars, trucks and motorcycles. Machine tools, welding and fabrication equipment, 48 years of automotive tools and a few tons of vintage NOS sheet metal, engines and speed equipment. YUP I'm a horder collector of cool stuff

P.T.CHESHIRE

They can figure it all when I'm gone. I don't see parting with anymore of the 50 odd cars, trucks and motorcycles. Machine tools, welding and fabrication equipment, 48 years of automotive tools and a few tons of vintage NOS sheet metal, engines and speed equipment. YUP I'm a horder collector of cool stuff

I want to come see you and take the tour visit and bring you some hot sauce when you're in Fork Union.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.