Trailer hook up hoses

68-f-model

What are some of the preferred brands/sources for trailer connection hoses?

The hoses on my F-model fell victim to age and sun and I am looking for a replacement set. I don't want to buy a new set only to have them crack when it gets cold. There are a vast array of choices from cheap ebay hose sets to much more expensive options.

Buy a new set and put quick couplers on them, that way you can take them off when not in use.

Best way to do it. Quik connects and a box or bag to store them in .

Don't buy "cheap" on a safety item, just not worth the risk or liability. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

depending on local and state laws the quick couplers could be a no no, unless you can find some with a d.o.t. approval ......

I know plumb stupid, but have been told that if it don't have a dot approval you could be in trouble if the right person sues you. you can do double glad hands and that's ok

• Like 1

I made my own with heavy DOT rubber tubing. Though mine sits in a garage must of the time. Been about 8-10 yrs and they still look new. Those cheapie plastic lines are likely not going to survive.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

depending on local and state laws the quick couplers could be a no no, unless you can find some with a d.o.t. approval ......

I know plumb stupid, but have been told that if it don't have a dot approval you could be in trouble if the right person sues you. you can do double glad hands and that's ok

I'm with you on the quick couplers and the law. I know on my lowboy, when you break the trailer apart, the airlines have a quick couplers that has a lock on it that has to line up to get them apart.
  • Like 1

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I agree with Gearhead,quick connects are against the law on tractor/trailer lines for highway use! I use un-coiled rubber lines from Tectran.com they have anything you need in the way of airlines,not cheap,but very well made quality product.............................Mark

www.tectran.com

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

We use the plastic junk coils on everything. I carry an extra set of plastic junk hoses in the side box because they do get very brittle when it's cold and if you accidently step on them or kick them when you're getting on the trailer they just snap. I used to braid the old rubber hoses with the light cord on the cabovers I drove, never remember replacing a hose.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.