Deer Season

Superdog

Sure wish you deer hunters would lobby for year round hunting until these 4 legged bastards were extinct.

My once perfect hood and bumper on my RD. Coulda been alot worse I know,but still pisses me off.

post-61-0-10117900-1416692889_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-97077400-1416692918_thumb.jpg

Ever seen deer fur stuck in the bead of a tire? Knocked off 2 lugnut covers and bent another.

post-61-0-90992900-1416693099_thumb.jpg

SOB even shit on my "new used" aluminum battery box lid.

post-61-0-76082400-1416693203_thumb.jpg

Mike if you apply a little brake you still hit them, just wont knock the shit out of em.!!!!!! got lucky last year the superliner sent one to dear heaven,...but I hit it square on and sent it flying...I think the extended bumper helped me not receive any damage. sorry about the truck, that sucks!

ive actually seen deer fur in a tire bead. I agree on year around hunting, hell they let the amish hunt year around here in Ny and there is still deer everywhere. been listening to the scanner this week and there have been more car vs deer accidents this year than ever before. think ive hit a deer with just about every vehicle ive ever driven

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

how large are your deer? a good buck field dressed here goes 250lbs. in western Washington a black tail is a bunch smaller (German Sheppard with antlers) about sums it up lol.

not being a hunter,I've never weighed one,but I've drug a few out of the road.About like dragging a dead hog,350# or so,I'm sure some are bigger and some smaller.

• Like 1

H.H.Moore ordered a bunch of "deer whistles" to put on all the trucks one time. It was just a little plastic thing that stuck on the bumper. They worked too, I hit more deer while I had the thing on there than I ever did before, or since. Most of the deer I see along the road don't even move when you go by, but those whistles sure made them take off at a high rate of speed. Only trouble was they were just as likely to run out in front of you as run anywhere else. I pulled my deer whistle off and threw it away.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Heard the "deer whistles" have been pulled off the market - DON'T work! I think people sued the company and they went out of business. Tests proved the noise they produce (or don't produce) cannot be heard above the vehicle/engine noise.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

H.H.Moore ordered a bunch of "deer whistles" to put on all the trucks one time. It was just a little plastic thing that stuck on the bumper. They worked too, I hit more deer while I had the thing on there than I ever did before, or since. Most of the deer I see along the road don't even move when you go by, but those whistles sure made them take off at a high rate of speed. Only trouble was they were just as likely to run out in front of you as run anywhere else. I pulled my deer whistle off and threw it away.

I-79 in WV is the only place I've ever seen deer grazing right along the shoulder with absolutely no reaction to a truck passing by at 65 mph just a few feet away. I've seen literally a hundred or more between Morgantown and Charleston this time of year.

Jim

I work with drivers that would pretend they didn't see that and leave it for the next guy. The more ambitious ones would hose the blood off and leave it for the next guy.

Jim

Been really fortunate not to have hit a live one,but ran over an already dead one (hit by the truck in front of me) did $2600.00 damage to the bumper/hood pissed me off as well,could have avoided the damn thing,but had nowhere to go! damn things are everywhere now a days,i really wish you hunters would tighten up and keep them off the road!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.