Train-VS-RT crane/lowboy Louisiana.

PeterMack

Over 15 years ago a brand new norberg crusher got hit by a freight train near me.its amazing how far things fly. The little 8 hp pony on the trailer flew over 200 ft. Behind a house. The crusher was so heavy that it was rolled to the side and picked with a crane a week later

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I was wondering when this was going to get posted. At first I thought HOLY SHIT thats my old trailer. Upon further review not my old equipment. Taylor Trucklines in Mn. they just got into HH from what I heard. Think there hh days are over

• Like 2

I work for a company that had A frame trailer with two PREcast wall panels get caught on a set of tracks Norwalk CT RT7 driver jump out of the U-model ran down the tracks trying to stop the train and the engineer wave and smiled then herd the hit.We also had bulk trailer park on the tracks wile closing his dome covers had to jump off the top and watch the R-model tractor trailer get totaled out.

Ed

I was wondering when this was going to get posted. At first I thought HOLY SHIT thats my old trailer. Upon further review not my old equipment. Taylor Trucklines in Mn. they just got into HH from what I heard. Think there hh days are over

When I saw the trailer I tought the same thing, holy sh@t is that slpwalkers old truck!

You think this make thing better?post-11018-0-66796000-1413421661.jpg

• Like 2

have any of you heard of placing a bar or hooking jumper cables to each rail to "signal" the on coming train? I've been told that on lighted crossings this will work, and will change the track status and will cause a caution lite to illuminate.

• Like 1

This video came up as a recommend from YT So I watched it !

1st thing came to mind was oh s**t that's Randy's truck .

Glad to know it wasn't Randy & that the driver was ok .

That would make anyone change their Hanes & Levi's right there on the spot .

We never had a lowboy get hung up on a RR Crossing even w/ the last lowboy we had .

A rogers 35 Ton Fixed neck that was So low to the ground we could load from the side if need be .

I Hated that trailer cause I & the Man that drove our lowboy most of the time always thought that trailer would got us killed by hanging on a crossing .

I Hate that feeling

We got hung up coming in & out of jobsites w/ the last trailer a time or 2 but NEVER On the RR Crossing .

I've herd some Horror Stories about lowboys getting hung up on the RR Crossings though .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

have any of you heard of placing a bar or hooking jumper cables to each rail to "signal" the on coming train? I've been told that on lighted crossings this will work, and will change the track status and will cause a caution lite to illuminate.

I heard some years ago that 2 guys crossing the tracks to go fishing in the James river in Amherst set their aluminum boat down on the tracks while they took a break and it caused all sorts of confusion.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've heard the chain scenario but can't say for certain. I've blocked many roads walking to the signal and calling the RR police to see where the train is at. When in doubt STOP. Traffic can wait. If I got time I raise everything ease across and drop it back down. If not I raise everything and wait. Not knowing how long he was there before the train got there puts things in a different light but not gonna arm chair this since I don't know specifics other then he caused alot of havoc

• Like 2

in 2002 I was rebuilding a highway between two Santa Fe main lines and was talking to the safety guy/ spotter ,and he told me about connecting the rails to trip the signals . It also brings down the x-ing bars and triggers the lights and bell.

bout choked the crap outta that man the day he let the train get to close before he waved me off the tracks! Had to pay santa fe like 75.00 bucks and hour for him to be there, in a 10 hour day we would get like 7 trains . just enough to keep ya jumpy when there rolling at 50mph +

Today's RR crossings have computer circuits that will judge the speed of a train . Just throwing a pipe across the rails won't gt crossing gates to lower or a signal to drop to red. You would have to find the isolated sections of rail and short them all to fool the signal system computer into thinking a tran had passed. Todays signal systems are complex and they are built to avoid faulty signals and train location reporting....laying a pipe across May have worked 30 years ago but not in today's world.

• Like 2