Cumberland Farms Macks were a dark blue if I remember correctly. U's and DM's always interested me just because they are unique and under appreciated. Guys would say "its like a cabover I cant drive it" I would reply there are real truck drivers then there are just steering wheel holders. If you have to have a hood to aim by then you know where we stand. I did learn here that Mack made U's with other engine makes and V8's. That was intresting

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Cumberland Farms were teal? or light blue, whatever you want to call it. My grandfather a brand new one fro them back and forth to NH

(picture taken from the angry people site... theyll get over it)

attachicon.gifCF U.gif

Colors come from Greek flag Ive painted 40 or 50 trucks in the 70 80s .

Ed

I'm trying to feel the same love as you guys on these U's...but man, I'm just not getting the vibe.

I liked the DM 800's as far as an offset cab goes, but I never got the U fever. Probably cuz of the massive long hood on the 800's. Ahhh, to each his own I reckon.

Another good reason possibly is every single U model I was associated with was such an old club to drive, that I never fell in love with them maybe. But again...it's just me. There's plenty in this forum that look quite nice to me now...

I always thought the U model was the platform that Euclid based their quarry trucks on, LOL. :whistling:

There is a flat grey one over here been sitting for years. Still trying to get the courage to ask about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get up the courage or you'll be sorry when it's on the boat to Somalia. :)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE