Mack R600 with steel hood/fenders aka "Flintstone"

Over you're side of the pond they're RD600 steel nose! What you guy's call an RD600 I don't think there is an equivalent here. But I do think we did get close to it with some of the local built units.

post-5438-0-17426200-1393754608_thumb.jp

:mack1:

R600RD600:Looks like a LJSWX with B80 fenders

that's what I called it 'til a closer look shows the "B" model hood emblems etc and I'm no expert but it does look like a "B" hood to me! stuffed if I know! I'm guessing that it"s a B8? or B8?? with gaurds as used on the R800's that started this post and also used on other non U.S. built Macks i.e. some of those shown on the Iran Mack post. I've noticed that Mack has built many different models outside the U.S. but as I've said that's half the fun for me identifying them. cheers Mick

p.s. do you know the definition of an expert? X(ex) is the unknown factor and a spurt(xpurt) is a drip under pressure :-)

This is basically the same truck to your Flinstones these were more geared for vocational/construction work here in the States.

Rob

Hi Rob, yeah mate, I know what an "RD" is and I'd love to bring one over here to OZ. They have a heavier chassis etc don't they or am I wrong? Things were somewhat different here i.e. an R600 could be specced fairly heavy but it was still an R600 as far as I know. If I'm wrong someone please correct me, Mick

Hi Rob, yeah mate, I know what an "RD" is and I'd love to bring one over here to OZ. They have a heavier chassis etc don't they or am I wrong? Things were somewhat different here i.e. an R600 could be specced fairly heavy but it was still an R600 as far as I know. If I'm wrong someone please correct me, Mick

p.s . Rob, I forgot to say, nice pic of your R model :)

SWEET! WE'VE NEVER SEEN RD'S OUT HERE IN OZ! :idunno:

You like RD's....Here's a Canadian built RD688S roll-off that is still out "kicking ass and taking names" 26 year later....

Cambridge 20130729 00318

Cambridge 20130729 00315

1988 RD688S - E6 350 Econodyne, Eaton-Fuller 8LL Overdrive, Mack rears (don't know the cap, sorry), on Hendrickson walking beams.

• Like 2

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....