New guy

bootlegger

Hello.I am new to the big truck world. After playing with pickups for years.In a couple of weeks I'm picking up a 1965 b61Mack.It was a gas line truck with a huge winch on the back.I'll be lurking and trying to gather as much info as I can on these cool trucks as I slowly get it back in shape. Thanks!

Welcome, That is about the nicest looking pickup I've seen. As far as shifting there is a lot of great advice on this forum about technique, rpms, etc. My experience when I first got the B-61 out this past summer with 9 speed overdrive was shifting from 3rd to 4th was almost impossible without grinding and when it would finally go in the loss of rpms was so bad you almost had to shift back down. Come to find out the shift from 3rd to 4th was an upside down U toward the seatand 5th was up toward the dash. It's has a TRD 720 in it and I'm not sure why it works that way but it is OK once you get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...