Ednt 866. 325hp or 375hp

24vman

We had a couple of R700's with V8 Maxidynes & 6-speed Maxitorques which had the big square air cleaners on them.

My favorite was the yellow/black one (old green dash model). Dual chrome stacks. Chrome mirrors. Chrome fender-mounted mirrors. That truck just glowed. At idle, that big long 700 hood would sort of quiver, causing the light to reflect off of it & kinda "shimmer". The air filter looked right at home on that big long mother!

The other'n was solid black (still green dash). It was cool, but never shined like the "bumble-bee" colored one.

Never forget those big square filters. Nor the unusual sound of a V8 through the dual stacks. It's different, ain't it!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Thanks.it is triple frame The rails are in perfect condition. The fenders are also in real nice condition. Just the cab has taken a beaten from the weather. I'd like to see a pic of the bumble bee if ya had one sounds like a cool truck.

Somebody posted a pic of a similar one here the other day.

I wish we'd had all this technology back then. So much of it we don't have good history on. And its a shame.

Thanks.it is triple frame The rails are in perfect condition. The fenders are also in real nice condition. Just the cab has taken a beaten from the weather. I'd like to see a pic of the bumble bee if ya had one sounds like a cool truck.

Here's a pic of a model I built some years back. It's the same paintjob. Planning to paint my R611 this way......someday.

post-11199-0-44530000-1389486756_thumb.j

Thanks double clutch. The worst part of the truck is the cab but were fixin to swap it with another dm800 cab. Just wish it would of been the 375hp engine. Is there a lot of room in pump adjusting to at least get it to 375hp?

Take it from me 325 is much better! My Brother and I have both the 325 and a 375 that are pretty much stock and the 325 has a much better torque rise. My Great Uncle had one years ago in a 71 R700 and he played with it quite a bit and he had well over 400 horse power. Just my 2 cent

Josh :clock_logo::SMOKIE-LFT:

Take it from me 325 is much better! My Brother and I have both the 325 and a 375 that are pretty much stock and the 325 has a much better torque rise. My Great Uncle had one years ago in a 71 R700 and he played with it quite a bit and he had well over 400 horse power. Just my 2 cent

Josh :clock_logo::SMOKIE-LFT:

Was your uncles 400hp r 700 reliable being pushed that far?

He put a million miles on it before he sold it in 1985. Of couse he rebuilt it once and always kept up on replacing bearings when needed and he didn't beat the liveing shit out of it . He respected the power. The problem now a days is finding parts for the 866's. There nearly impossible to find. Luckily my Brother and I have a nice little stash of parts just in case something ever goes wrong with ours. I'm going to have mine set up to be about 425hp in the not to far future because it runs really good but I would really like to make it run closer to what my Great Uncle had his set to.

Thanks, Josh

All I'm going to do is send the pump out and have the pump shop set it up the way I want. Thats all you really need to do to get the horse power your looking for. If you want more than that out of 325 you would need a bigger turbo but it would more wise the replace it with an E9 which is easy to get parts for if. As far as I know they didn't make bigger injectors for the 866 V8s but I don't know for sure. My RS700 has the 375 (it was originally a 325)with the 6 speed and my brother has the 325(originally a 375) with a 12 speed and what a diference there is between the 2. I do have a 1070 Mack 10 speed for mine but I need to overhaul it before I put in. The 10 and 12 speeds work really well with both engines but the 5 and 6 speeds work much better with the 325 than the 375 because of the torque differences and operating ranges as well. In my opinion a 325 with an old Mack 10spd or 12spd is the ultimate set up.

Thanks, Josh

It looks like John Connaly's truck from Luzerne,Pa. I think it used to pull a beam trailer. Nice DM. Joe D.

Looks like the one that sat across from Nicholas truck sales,,the old Luzerne Ford dealer

Connaly also had a big B-80 something that was sharp sitting in West Pittston gone for years now

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM