Will & Sonny

doubleclutchinweasel

Am I the only one who watched Movin' On when I was a kid?

Another cheesey show. Overly-dramatic plots. And one of the most technically inaccurate tv shows of all time!

But, a cool green KW & a Merle Haggard theme song! And, filmed "around here" for the most part.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I had a battery-powered cassette recorder, & I would record the shows off the tv. Then, when I was doing my homework, or there was nothing on tv, I'd play them back. I could watch them in my mind by just hearing them.

I also used to watch NASCAR on the radio! But, that's another story...

I don't know Weasel,have you looked in some of the truck cabs lately? :loldude: I think BJ & the Bear was about the dumbest show ever on T.V. Going from Will & Sonny to that was just a big step backward.

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I never got to see Cannonball until I seen on YouTube,Ernie. Good show though. I had always heard about it and sometime ago the ATHS was trying to get the Family Channel to show them again,but no luck.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

movin on is on everyday here,i still watch it,,most of them were filmed in san diego....bob

I remember one from the Atlanta area. And seems like one from Charlotte.

Remember the pilot episode, In Tandem? That was filmed somewhere in some pretty rugged mountainous terrain way out west.

10-4 on the In Tandem!...................................."My brakes are no damn good!!" Will yells as almost wipes out a stalled Dodge van,while feverishly pulling on the johnny bar!

I remember one from the Atlanta area. And seems like one from Charlotte.

Remember the pilot episode, In Tandem? That was filmed somewhere in some pretty rugged mountainous terrain way out west.

ya,,,im sure they filmed elsewhere,,,but there are mountains in the san diego area as well,,,,and yes that w900 is the cats ass,,,punch it in on your computer and you will come up with all kindsa interesting information,,,,such as sonny never really drove that truck,,,will actually used to drive it...have a ball.bob

10-4 on the In Tandem!...................................."My brakes are no damn good!!" Will yells as almost wipes out a stalled Dodge van,while feverishly pulling on the johnny bar!

Then had no air going down the grade, but the spring brakes were still released. Then, when he got to the bottom, he had air again!

ya,,,im sure they filmed elsewhere,,,but there are mountains in the san diego area as well,,,,and yes that w900 is the cats ass,,,punch it in on your computer and you will come up with all kindsa interesting information,,,,such as sonny never really drove that truck,,,will actually used to drive it...have a ball.bob

Thought those mountains looked kinda Southern Cal-ish!

I remember that 1 or 2 of the Smokey and the Bandit trucks used the V8 Cummins, and one used the inline 6 Cummins.

Didn't Movin' On use a V8 Cummins in at least one of their trucks as well???

Yep, the truck did start out with VT903 Cummins as I understand it.But had to change it to an NTC-350 because of troubles (go figure). I believe the current owner said it now has a BC 400 under the hood.

I have those DVD of Movin on, and one of them has the hood open and it's a V8 Cat. I still remember Tuesday nights watching the show.

In '76 I got to ride in this:

Shottkw76-1.jpg

and it was all downhill after that. I was HOOKED on trucks. Don't recall what power it had, but do remember the twin pearl handles and the wig wag!

I remember the Movin' On truck being on Ebay about 10 yrs ago? It was out midwest somewhere(before Paul bought it). I wanted it real bad!

I do have the Galoob r/c Movin On truck. Got it for xmas way back when. Still have it to this day:
SDC10043.jpg

Not green anymore, I did lots of modifications through the years.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"