sick E6 350 2 valve

Greg Willocks

Hi , new here looking for engine specks and answers for my E^ 350 2 valve fuel pump opened right up has been for 25 or so years.

the truck went in for oil leaks , new cooler fitted, fuel pump removed to fix oil leak behind it, new puffer valve fitted( old one had been dislodged so I just bought a new one ).

they took the truck for a drive and it stopped (as if the breaks come on, no lock up makes) they couldn`t restart it,

floated back to work shop,

pulled the heads off

2 burnt out 1 bent valve needs 3 new pistons , full in chassis engine rebuild now it looks and sounds like a steam train chuffing along billowing white smoke.

any help and info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

update a forensic mechanical engineer went and saw the truck yesterday apparently its purring like a kitten, big cloud of black smoke when started then the normal amount of emissions , also a slight rattle on shut down. the forensic guy said he is going to put up a web page with pics etc for feed back

thanks for your imput

When he pulled the fuel pump, did they check the engine timming when they put it back on? White smoke and burnt pistons sound like timming, If it has the fiber tooth coupling on it and if you miss one tooth when putting it back on it will throw the timming out by 10 or 12 degrees.

• Like 1

If the engine was running ok before the repairs were performed, should have run ok after the repairs. Sounds like to me the injection pump was not timed correctly when they installed it. The drive on the engine has a roll pin between two teeth to make sure the pump drive fits one way. I have seen the roll pin move or fall out,. Miss by one tooth and the engine will not make it very far without a major failure. I've seen pistons melted into globs of goo, valve heads melted and holes in heads. This from an engine that was driven only a few miles after the inj. pump was timed incorrectly-removed only for oil leaks by the customer.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen a few photos and a couple of very short videos , they have admitted to not checking the timing after refitting fuel pump even after it stopped they just pulled it down. it looks like it is blowing more black smoke now than before and has a loud metal clanging sound on shut down, they also admitted to damaging the main clap by not fitting the main bearing correctly they filed the cap down and shimmed it .

I have seen pics of three burnt out valves and three pistons no mention on a bent valve the heads and one piston are very clean and free of carbon 1 piston fair and the other worse nothing excessive we must remember this thing has been opened up for years and mainly idles around doing site work.

I have not been told witch valves they are one burnt out valve is on the end of the head and the other two are side by side or is it all three on one head? the forensic mechanical engineer believes they have used a starting agent which has burnt out the valves and cleaned the pistons and heads I did read above were wrong timing can cause damage would this also clean the carbon as well this matter is going to court so any and all comments are welcome no matter how far fetched it may be

thanks

I am asking myself why did I take it there in the first place.it should of been a simple job and they stuffed it, from what I have seen in video and heard I would say I am up for another engine rebuild if not another complete engine, they wont release the truck to me until I agree to pay all their bill no ? asked, take it as is and not take any further legal action against them as it is my intention to sue for loss of income. I would also like feed back on wether or not it would start with 3 burnt out valves