New to me 1988 Superliner RW613

Nice lookin ride! I like the green with the red frame I actually considered painting mine green at one time, but left it alone because of the trucks history and it being a conversation piece. Maybe my next project I'll go with the green and red.

Nice truck! Like the way its painted right now.Just my opinion.You will be improving the looks of your area no matter what color you paint it,for sure! :MackLogo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 4 weeks later...

In the past, I have had success using a combination of Easy-Off Oven Cleaner and a green scrubby used with your fingertips, as well as 1000-grit wet sand paper. Use extreme caution however. Use this method as a last resort because you will remove any clear coat, guaranteed and possibly even paint- this is why I say use this as a last resort; if you are foreseeing repainting, you have not lost anything,

If you are successful, use rattle can clear coat polished with the 1000 grit wet sand finished up with a good buffing/waxing.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

the truck seems to be pretty straight so it would not take much to repaint, could do it over the course of a few days, see if you can find a guy that does it on the side to help out, they can guide you on what you can do and then make sure that it is prepped for the paint. Make sure to pull the glass since you are changing colors, new lock strip is not that expensive and if you could have a glass shop pull it and reinstall for about $200 I am sure.

Don't buy the cheapest paint available but something like oreillys nason or other house brand will give you good results with out draining the wallet. They also sell a product called slick sand primer which is what you want to use for the fiberglass hood as it is flexible, you can use it on the rest of the truck also.

just my two cents as I am repainting my R. I hired a guy but seems like I am doing some of it to keep it moving along

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

the truck seems to be pretty straight so it would not take much to repaint, could do it over the course of a few days, see if you can find a guy that does it on the side to help out, they can guide you on what you can do and then make sure that it is prepped for the paint. Make sure to pull the glass since you are changing colors, new lock strip is not that expensive and if you could have a glass shop pull it and reinstall for about $200 I am sure.

Don't buy the cheapest paint available but something like oreillys nason or other house brand will give you good results with out draining the wallet. They also sell a product called slick sand primer which is what you want to use for the fiberglass hood as it is flexible, you can use it on the rest of the truck also.

just my two cents as I am repainting my R. I hired a guy but seems like I am doing some of it to keep it moving along

Well I was thinking about this..... I'd like to paint it but I have a lot of money tied up in it already so what I was thinking is painting the fenders of the hood and the visor black. What do you think? I might even attempt that bc it's not that much painting.

Sounds good, will take some time, use the right stuff so you don't regret doing the work yourself, make sure to prep the area you are going to paint in to prevent dust and over spray see if you can have someone that has prepped before come and check it out before you shoot it, its not rocket science but it will look like hell if the primer layer is not right. Also Black will show all the imperfections, white hides a lot so keep that in mind. Stop by a local body shop and make friends and I bet for a lunch or a 12 pack you will find some help.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Did a little work on the superliner today. Removed the previous owners name from the door, now just need to remove some of the fine scratches from removing the name. Painted the rear wheels and added some chrome. Painted the roof visor hoping to do the fenders soon to match. Added the rear spring to hold my air lines up. She's coming along!!!

post-15877-0-77926500-1387933668_thumb.j

post-15877-0-54152500-1387933703_thumb.j

post-15877-0-08827700-1387933738_thumb.j

• Like 1