Pictures of the Week

other dog

All days are special, some more than others.

Can you split the ticket with the persons that gave you the instructions? Seems only fair.

I would think some else should be responsible for the citation (shipper and/or receiver).

Looks like he has a BROAD a$$, probably from sitting too much and too many donuts. Did you offer him some donuts or free hot dog certificates?

BTW, nice pics.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I would think some else should be responsible for the citation (shipper and/or receiver).

Looks like he has a BROAD a$$, probably from sitting too much and too many donuts. Did you offer him some donuts or free hot dog certificates?

BTW, nice pics.

That's way nicer than what I referred to him as. No chance of the shipper paying, he wrote the ticket to me. They used to write overweight tickets to the company, now they go to the driver. We were delivering to First Energy and they do have a permit for delivery trucks to run than section of road, but I didn't have a permit with me. We are hoping to send a copy of the permit to the court and get it dismissed. Patsy Moore, president and C.E.O. of F.L.Moore and sons told me not to worry about it, but I can't help worrying a little about a $6,357 ticket that's written to me.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Looks like a not lucky day with that cop.

Do those tickets increase an insurance cost also?

The fire is a big indeed in relation to the size of the truck aside.

Didn't they also need permit for?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

That's way nicer than what I referred to him as. No chance of the shipper paying, he wrote the ticket to me. They used to write overweight tickets to the company, now they go to the driver. We were delivering to First Energy and they do have a permit for delivery trucks to run than section of road, but I didn't have a permit with me. We are hoping to send a copy of the permit to the court and get it dismissed. Patsy Moore, president and C.E.O. of F.L.Moore and sons told me not to worry about it, but I can't help worrying a little about a $6,357 ticket that's written to me.

That is a bunch of BS since you were not breaking any driving/moving/tiedown laws/regs. It is not your fault your shipper loaded you too heavy. Citation should go to shipper but it is easier to issue to the driver. I know, you are responsible but again a bunch of governmental BS! Something more to "hold over your CDL head". Wonder how long he sat there waiting for a truck to come-by? Probably went back to the donut shop bragging.

Good luck getting it dismissed and removed from your driving record. :twothumbsup:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

McMinnville, again? Man you know I live about 20 miles from there right?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

In the one pic alone stopped to weight the truck you can see 3 yards with trailers, I'm guessing he does that often.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That is a bunch of BS since you were not breaking any driving/moving/tiedown laws/regs. It is not your fault your shipper loaded you too heavy. Citation should go to shipper but it is easier to issue to the driver. I know, you are responsible but again a bunch of governmental BS! Something more to "hold over your CDL head". Wonder how long he sat there waiting for a truck to come-by? Probably went back to the donut shop bragging.

Good luck getting it dismissed and removed from your driving record. :twothumbsup:

The load was legal, light actually- only had on 13,000 and some pounds. But that section of the road, about a mile or so long, had a ten ton weight limit. And there was another way to get in, but we didn't know it. We went by the directions they gave us.

The cop told me- he was a local township cop by the way,not a state man- "you're not the first one-this is all I do all day."

He said "these trucks are tearing our roads up." And about 10 minutes after I got to the job site, a truck came in with one of the big transformers, grossing over 100,000 lbs- right over the same road. It's just a big money racket for the locals. $6300+ dollars? That's just #*@#ing ridiculous!

• Like 2

Damn Tom! you wasn't kiddin' about that cop being a big fat ass! I hope it gets worked out,i'm with you though,can't help but worry about something like this,especially with all the new CMV rules/bullshit........................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Tom we have the same problem up here in Northeastern Penna. with all the natural gas drilling about most roads are posted 10 tons. Its funny a permit lets your truck go down any road and it does no damage.A lot of the country roads up here we call pie crust roads thin layer of asphalt and narrow.We paved a lot of roads for the gas well companies and still need permits to travel on them.I feel for you as the citation was written in your name.They know drivers have to make every effort to pay fine unlike big companies who will delay and fight it to the end. Joe D.

• Like 1

Wow that sucks. Long time ago I got off and tried going around the Pa scale on 70. Didn't know it was a rest area. Hadn't been doing otr long. Needless to say turn and turn and walla 10 weight limit. I was like Shit can't turn back now. Hammer down. Had a gradall on was around 100k. Got back to 79 and turned to get back on the big road after hitting many snow covered mountains and crossing a bridge I had no business on I leveled the guard rail getting back on. I then here LOwboy you got it on??? Hey Landstar you got it on????? Finally yeah and I hear you got a chain dragging. Ok ty.

• Like 1

Of course that's what he does all day it's easy money. He'd have to to write a helluva lot of 40 mph in a 35 tickets to equal the revenue of one overweight truck.

The contractor you delivered to needs to get their shit together. It's that kind of ignorance that could get a driver in an even worse situation that you were in, but I'm guessing they are not going to assume any responsibilty for this.

Nice pics.

Jim

Of course that's what he does all day it's easy money. He'd have to to write a helluva lot of 40 mph in a 35 tickets to equal the revenue of one overweight truck.

The contractor you delivered to needs to get their shit together. It's that kind of ignorance that could get a driver in an even worse situation that you were in, but I'm guessing they are not going to assume any responsibilty for this.

Nice pics.

Thanks Jim!

Well that sucks! I can't believe fat a$$ nailed you for over six grand. So much for trying to make a freakin living.

Ouch

Really, I mean I could understand it if he caught me again next week, but I was just going by the directions they gave me. Looks like he could have told me that there was another way, don't come this way again. He said a lot of times when you call for directions you get a secretary or someone that only drives a car or a pickup, which I understand, but if you call and they tell you how to get there, what else have you got to go on? And nails me for 6 thousand dollars? geez!..

If this makes you feel any better Tom. I do not have the copy of this as this was a long time ago and was a company driver. Nc nailed me at the scale on 85 and 40 for just under 11k on the spot. Plus new permit. All because the description was wrong. Luckily I didn't order the permit and I was a company driver

something you may want to do. It will cost money. Have a survey crew go survey where he weighed you. exactly. Then take it to court if it has rises and drops or leans. Weights will be off. also as I have yet to put this in play I will make them jack the truck and trailer and get more scales out if nessary to weigh every thing at once as for me rises and drops of any kind will mess with my weights. Only time I drove up on portables damn truck gave me a hard time and after that I will refuse even if it means a Heavy fine for refusal to weigh a apermited load