does this look correct?

macattack

just took a good look at the driveshaft on my mr688s truck and noticed this. i think i need to spin the drive shaft so the front half is in phase with the rear.

notice the yoke at the trans is opposite the yoke at the power divider.

pic 1 shows from trans to center bearing post-5017-0-45921600-1383881936_thumb.jpand pic 2 from center bearing to rear axle.post-5017-0-24810200-1383881979_thumb.jp

yeah, unless you figured out a way to make that a three piece driveshaft you cant change the way its mounted, other than rotating it 180 but I dont think that will do anything.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I don't see a slip yoke in there anywhere, am I missing it somehow? or is there more than pictured?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yoke's orientation is an important thing and is determined by shaft's working angles.

It's made some special way when engeneering the vehicle and must be used the way as from the factory.

So if you think that must be all in line it's not true.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

With the slip yoke in the middle, your two far ends will be 90* out. NO way around it. As long as each single shaft itself has the ends lined up it(especially with a slip yoke where someone might split it), you are fine.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

With any 3 piece shaft with a slip joint, the universals on each shaft will be at different locations. THe hanger bearing acts as a termination point for the front shaft and a starting point for the rear shaft. What is important ins that each yoke on each separate shaft are in phase with their mate. It is impossible on a 3 piece shaft to have all of the joints match. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE