So....We're going to be buying Macks again

Green Dash

13 letter poo spreaders there. and why cant people spec a truck out worth a shit, those trucs have painted mirror brackets and black mirrors, then they add a stainless spot mirror and spot mirror bracket, I saw one the other day that was exactly the opposite stainless mirror brackets and chrome mirrors and black painted spot mirror bracket and mirror, wth? I know they offer both so why cant international get them to match?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I didn't notice the the spot mirror was chromed. I was surprised to see these are bare bones models. The cabs obviously have the low level trim, right down to the mid-rise vinyl driver's seat. The Pinnacles, Sterlings, Visions and even the CH's before them had what appeared to be a "mid-level" interior. White steel wheels are also a departure from the norm.

There have been rumors over the past few months about an International purchase which also surprised me considering how problematic the '09's that they had were. Like those, these have a MaxxForce engine. I don't know the details, I only made that assumption based on the "ProStar+" designation. It's possible that these are lease/rental units which would explain the spec'ing.

Jim

Looks like they have SCR/DEF. Neverstar engine or hummin Cummins?

the + sign in the ProStar+ indicates (or used to) a MaxxForce engine. I went to the Navistar site and saw that Cummins engines for the ProStar are available in 6.7 and 15 liters--too small and too big. Based on the engine choices listed, I'd say there's about a 99% chance these have a MaxxForce 13.

Jim

The new poo spreaders with the Maxxforce 13 have Cummins emissions systems to get them to meet emissions standards and run more than a week at a time.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The new poo spreaders with the Maxxforce 13 have Cummins emissions systems to get them to meet emissions standards and run more than a week at a time.

A 5 day week or a 7 day week? We run 5 days and and the '09 Transtar we had was often times not up to the challenge.

Jim

Talked to a JB Hunt local guy about his, and was told they sent a bunch back!! they are not to bad for power but they sure know where the garage is cause thats the place they spend most of there time!

BULLHUSK

PS How are those Paccar motors workin out?? I don't hear anything about them?

A 5 day week or a 7 day week? We run 5 days and and the '09 Transtar we had was often times not up to the challenge.

Ha, that's what most of the guys I've talked to say about em.

So Green Dash I note an F-750 straight truck in background. Don't see many of those in freight P & D. Is Ford a big customer of Pitt-Ohio?

They purchased quite a few between roughly '06-'09 but I believe most of the straight trucks were Freightliner M2's. The Ford cabs were too small and it took a few years to find an air seat that one could actually air up without being too close to the ceiling. There may have been other issues but the decision to stop buying them was heavily influenced by the drivers. This year we had at least 50 new M2's pass through my terminal to be prepped by our shop before being distributed to other terminals.

Jim

Talked to a JB Hunt local guy about his, and was told they sent a bunch back!! they are not to bad for power but they sure know where the garage is cause thats the place they spend most of there time!

BULLHUSK

PS How are those Paccar motors workin out?? I don't hear anything about them?

Friend of mine drives for a coal hauling outfit,they run mostly T6 KW's and a few Petes. Said the last new ones had PACCAR engines. Constant electronic problems ,their new ones are getting Cummins engines.

There's an Owner/Operator with a Peterbilt who is using the sides and back of his trailer to convey the message of how dissatisfied he is with his Paccar engine. He also mentions the dealer. I talked to him for about half an hour one night and couldn't believe he was still in business after what he's gone through. The sad part is that he ordered the truck with a Cummins and it mysteriously came with a Paccar engine. He agreed to accept it and now they don't want it back.

• Like 1

Jim

We tried 2 Prostars with Maxxforce engines, I know Big Jim had a lot of down time with his with turbo and egr problems, i'm not sure about the other one. The last Prostars they got a few weeks ago had Cummins engines. They've had problems with the paccars too, and problems getting the warranty to cover the problems they do have. Jeff Moore said that all in all the Freightliners with DD15 engines were giving them the best service.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We tried 2 Prostars with Maxxforce engines, I know Big Jim had a lot of down time with his with turbo and egr problems, i'm not sure about the other one. The last Prostars they got a few weeks ago had Cummins engines. They've had problems with the paccars too, and problems getting the warranty to cover the problems they do have. Jeff Moore said that all in all the Freightliners with DD15 engines were giving them the best service.

I'm surprised they didn't try out a few more Cascadias if they're looking for something other than Mack. There are 3 (that I know of) with DD13's and the only issue I know of was supposedly a result of driver abuse. They are not at my terminal so if they were having issues, I wouldn't likely know about it. I did drive one for a day and it pulled great on Rt 119 between Morgantown and Grafton, WV with 30k in the box.

cascadialeft.jpg

Jim

Greendash, I had Pete's and I went through the same problem ! Every time I went in for something I got a bill!! I went over to Fruitliner back in 95 with Detroit Diesel an ain't looked back! I use Horwith out in Pa As well as Atlantic DD in Jersey and they work with us on just about everything! Foley Cat on the other hand...... WellI guess if y don't have anything good to say you shouldn't say anything at all..... So I guess I got nothin to say!!

Bullhusk

Greendash, I had Pete's and I went through the same problem ! Every time I went in for something I got a bill!! I went over to Fruitliner back in 95 with Detroit Diesel an ain't looked back! I use Horwith out in Pa As well as Atlantic DD in Jersey and they work with us on just about everything! Foley Cat on the other hand...... WellI guess if y don't have anything good to say you shouldn't say anything at all..... So I guess I got nothin to say!!

Bullhusk

I wish I could find a picture of this guy's trailer. His comments were in large type, easy to read on the move and he didn't hold back.

He passed me one night on I-70 in Ohio. When I blinked my lights for him to come back over, he thanked me on the cb. Not being one to miss an opportunity to pissed someone off with an ignorant comment, I asked him how he liked the Peterbilt. He laughed and gave me a few details of what was wrong and what he was going through trying to make it right. He was well spoken and knew what he could and couldn't get away with as far as his protest. Peterbilt and the dealer are not happy about his rolling message but are apparently unable to take action against him. Of course they still have the "do the right thing" option.

Jim

Bullhusk

You're not the only one with bad experiences with Foley.