Afternoon with wife

mack mhe9

What was the clip used for? It was nice not like it was out side,

Trade shows I think. What you see is what is there. It is mounted on a plywood board. The lights work when plugged into 110V using a 12V converter.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

did you notice the big 6 has the same heads as e9

I was at the museum 2-3 years ago and was talking to a guy that said they used as many parts from the e9 as they could to keep cost down, heads,liners,pistons, don't know what else. I would liked to see the horsepower and torque rating on that engine,i guess we will never know.

Wonder if they'd let me have the cutaway E9 for my livingroom.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I was at the museum 2-3 years ago and was talking to a guy that said they used as many parts from the e9 as they could to keep cost down, heads,liners,pistons, don't know what else. I would liked to see the horsepower and torque rating on that engine,i guess we will never know.

I think I remember seeing some info on the Mack big 6 testing and power output, I want to say it was comperable to the E9 something like 450hp, 1550tq maybe, Ill have to dig thru my stuff and see if I can find it again.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ahhhh.......Nope!

How Rude! LOL

I think I remember seeing some info on the Mack big 6 testing and power output, I want to say it was comperable to the E9 something like 450hp, 1550tq maybe, Ill have to dig thru my stuff and see if I can find it again.

855cid, 14 lit.for or metric people. Inch longer stroke then an E9. C15 I thinks 5.5 bore 6.75 stroke. So I could see the same power potential. But you can see it would be outdated buy today's standards with 3 cyl heads, pushrod valvetrain. Yet I think it's a much better design with the exhaust opposite of the inj lines not like an e7.