Mack Bulldog Magazine Cover

There is absolutely no way you would ever in a million years convince any truck maker to spend that much money to build promo trucks that may not sell now a days they would laugh you out of the office.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

There is absolutely no way you would ever in a million years convince any truck maker to spend that much money to build promo trucks that may not sell now a days they would laugh you out of the office.

Nice thought! Ain't it sad though? :blush: I believe all the truck companies in the 60' 70's and 80's did things to the highest level of class to promote thier trucks! Good time good times!

I've got that issue and I believe it was the old Dallas Factory Branch in the cover picture,Ken.

Not that I question Mark (Vision386) but it did not look like the old Engineering Center. Unless they did some MAJOR reconstruction.

Does anyone know if the Branch building is still standing? I like to see these old structures still in existance.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I've got that issue and I believe it was the old Dallas Factory Branch in the cover picture,Ken.

That's highly possible Al,some reason I seemed to remember that being Allentown?.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Not that I question Mark (Vision386) but it did not look like the old Engineering Center. Unless they did some MAJOR reconstruction.

Does anyone know if the Branch building is still standing? I like to see these old structures still in existance.

Its sure possible Ken,i could swear I remember seeing that picture when I was younger,and thought it was Allentown?...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

so would that be a real 300+ Mike or a 285?? cause I thought the 300+ was a Thermodyne?

A 285(hp) "300", ENDT-676, is a Maxidyne prior to CMCAC (Chassis Mounted Charge-Air Cooling)

A true 300hp Maxidyne, EM6-300®, was the result of the addition of CMCAC in the early eighties.

The 315hp "300-PLUS" (1950rpm E6-315 and 1800rpm E6-315R), sold prior to CMCAC, was a modified high-torque-rise engine for multi-speed transmissions. It didn't fall under the Maxidyne or Thermodyne branding. But given the "300-PLUS" first carried the model number ETAZ-673A (a "Thermodyne" like number) before being renamed E6-315, I can understand the confusion.

The E6-250 (pre-CMCAC) and later E6-260 (with CMCAC) were marketed as Thermodynes.

• Like 1

Any production numbers on these promotional units? I've seen 1 F model and maybe 3-4 R models. There was an O/O on Long Island that had an R-600 leased to Island Transportation pulling a fuel tanker. The first R model I saw was pulling for Quinn Truck Lines (not the northeast freight hauler) out of Ontario, Canada and I am almost certain it was an R-700.

Jim

yea the RL600S we bought from the junkyard had a 300+ and R1110 tranny in it. some hacked off the rears and put a pete single axle in it made It a dumptruck. we got there just in time cause it is a rebuilt pedigreed engine and was on its way to china. got it for a grand, engine and tranny and made new mounts to put in in my 66 R model. gonna add the hood scoop someday as soon as I figure out how to mount the tubin under the hood to the old style radiator. for now it has the ugly newer style air cleaner with dual inlets. that's as far as we got as id like a set of air ride tandem rears for it with 22'' spokes. think id get away with 4.17's on 22'' spokes with the direct 10 speed Mike or think I should look for a faster set of rears?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg