I had a TD24 in the late 60's very fast machine, faster than a CAT, but undercarraige wore out faster too.

Did the heads ever crack? Was a big prob. with my uncle's TD 24's but would out work any D8 back then (the 60's) He also owned a TD 30 for a short time, but couldn't steer the machine at full throttle or she would throw you out of the seat!!! I always liked to start the 24's when I was a kid, just to hear them start on gas and then push the rack in to trans. over to diesel was a thrill!!

BULLHUSK

Here are a few dozers in a row at a scrap yard in Escanaba MI I was at. This was a couple years ago, I'm

sure these tractors have long since been cut up.

The one up front looks like an old A-C dozer My uncle had on of those also I think it was HD-20 (bucket loader) bigger then a 977 Cat with a big 6-110 GM Diesel

BULLHUSK

A local farmer, who passed away 1 yr ago, i think sold the most Dressers in New England and most of it was sold on a handshake. George Cooke owned Cookes Equipment in Wallingford CT. I had to chase one of his heifers a few weeks back down the road. All the used Internationals and Dressers he got back ended up here i think.

• Like 2

Matt

Though we Ran Case, Cat, Liebherr, & John Deere though the years . Pop always kept IH /Dresser TD7's (for finish grading) & TD15's (for land clearing & building lakes) (now dressta) too . He always said if ya wanted to push hard ya bought an IH . When he was a young man He helped build I-55 From Memphis, TN to Sardis, MS operating a IH TD24 Push Dozer pushing scrapers . He said the man he was working for then also had D8 Push Cats . He said the TD24 Would out push a D8 But he also said if wanted longevity ya bout a Cat over anything else cause the IH Would be in the shop before the Cat .

There was a guy pop helped clear land for subdivisions ,strip malls & rightaway's for roads. He had a TD25 W/a straight piped V8 IH Diesel in it . always liked the sound of that ole dozer esp if he was helping us build a big lake & was in a hard push. That ole dozer sounded Bad to the bone . ;)

:later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 3 weeks later...