Ex United Parcel

I don't think those get cut up, Its the delivery vans that get cut up. They also run the delivery vans for 25 years than they cut them up.

I some how don't see that as being a 1988, Looks more like a 90s rig ? ! Auctioned off maybe ? !

Or

Do these also get cut up too ? ! Must replace them sooner too ? !

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

Pop used to have a buddy who owned a truck lot & salvage yard in Memphis years ago .

Pops buddy used to buy a lot of the old UPS Bulldogs & as soon as he got the MH & F Model Macks to the yard he had guys cutting the cabs into . 1st time I seen that happen I was 10 yrs old & balled like a baby over seeing a perfectly good Truck being cut up because of UPS Rules & Regulations .

I THOUGHT IT WAS :icon_bs: THEN & I STILL THINK IT'S :icon_bs: TO THIS DAY !!! Sad just sad to see a perfectly good bulldog cut up .

later yall

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I don't think those get cut up, Its the delivery vans that get cut up. They also run the delivery vans for 25 years than they cut them up.

I some how don't see that as being a 1988, Looks more like a 90s rig ? ! Auctioned off maybe ? !

Or

Do these also get cut up too ? ! Must replace them sooner too ? !

Mike

No UPS requires the trucks be cut up. They sell them after 1,000,000 miles

• Like 1

Matt

Pop used to have a buddy who owned a truck lot & salvage yard in Memphis years ago .

Pops buddy used to buy a lot of the old UPS

Bulldogs & as soon as he got the MH & F Model

Macks to the yard he had guys cutting the cabs into . 1st time I seen that happen I was 10 yrs old & balled like a baby over seeing a perfectly good Truck being cut up because of UPS Rules

& Regulations .

I THOUGHT IT WAS :icon_bs: THEN & I STILL THINK IT'S :icon_bs: TO THIS DAY !!! Sad

just sad to see a perfectly good bulldog cut up .

later yall

:mack1:

You sound like me when you were 10. im still like that And I'm 13!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

They don't want anybody to make money off them. Also if you sell or buy vehicles from them you cannot be seen with the person in public and when that person retires they can't talk to those people they dealt with for a couple months. For a small company that started in Colchester, CT they sure make some stupid rules.

Matt

Never been too sure how long they keep the small delivery trucks,i think they call them "package cars" but i saw one not too long ago,and it had a Diamond-Reo horn button on the steering wheel. Personally,i never seen a used ex-UPS truck,but not saying they don't exist. One thing that stayed with me,made me think twice about UPS,was years ago i saw a very bad accident envolving a UPS MH and a bridge abutment,UPS's "safety guy" was spraypainting over all the lettering/decals etc. and they had'nt even gotten the guy out of the cab yet,more worried about bad publicity then their driver? kinda pissed me off when i saw it,have'nt used UPS since.......................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

All of them are suppose to be cut up. They want pictures to prove it and everything.

That's a rare breed for sure Mike!

I've got the Fleet Owner Magazine around someplace with the article about them.

Some day I'm gonna find someplace and post some of this stuff!

One thing I remember them saying in the article which I thought was strange was that they might make the 4x4 available to the general public!!!

At the time I couldn't understand why don't you guys make an "MH" with a setback front axle, Freightliner was making them. IH had the 9700 series why don't you

guys make one--something that a lot more people would be interested in buying than an "off road" "MH"!!!

I think the first two I built I would have given to J.B. Hunt and Schneider to try out, might have even given one to Builders Transport!!!

Ron

Never been too sure how long they keep the small delivery trucks,i think they call them "package cars" but i saw one not too long ago,and it had a Diamond-Reo horn button on the steering wheel. Personally,i never seen a used ex-UPS truck,but not saying they don't exist. One thing that stayed with me,made me think twice about UPS,was years ago i saw a very bad accident envolving a UPS MH and a bridge abutment,UPS's "safety guy" was spraypainting over all the lettering/decals etc. and they had'nt even gotten the guy out of the cab yet,more worried about bad publicity then their driver? kinda pissed me off when i saw it,have'nt used UPS since.......................................Mark

There was a guy that was going back to the yard in a snow storm and went of the road into a ditch. UPS never even questioned where he was or what happened to the truck. Finally a week later the family went looking and followed the truck tire marks going down the bank and found him.

Matt

Here in TN they dont paint em they haul em to CI in Nashville and cut em there with a guy waiting to sign the paperwork, Yard dogs too, last time I was there they had two UPS Ottawas and 4 CH's all cut behind the cab but still brown. It sucks, I tried to buy a CH from TCI by getting the front half and another back half and then putting it back together but he wont sell em like that, I need a straw buyer to get half the truck for me then Ill apply for a rebuilt title.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Oh yeah they rebuild em here too, id say most they scrap are on the second or third drive train. I looked at one that was a 98 with a remack etech new in 2010 sitting there cut in half, made me tear up a little.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Lawyers are why they are scrapped. If someone buys one of these things with a million miles on it and then has a wreck, chances are they will sue the "deep pockets" party claiming they were sold something that was known to be defective, subpoening service records, deposing maintenance shop mechanics, etc. Or some guy driving one that is pretending to work for UPS. For the releativley little bit of money they would get for a used tractor - just isn't worth the risk. Same two reasons that every piece of perfectly good food machinery that leaves a Frito Lay plant is cut up. No sale - ever. I saw a dozen brand new Ford cars being cut up one time because the rail car carrying them tipped over. The yard doing the cutting wouldn't even sell me an engine. They had to be destroyed too.